UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I have just finished my sale shopping, I upgraded some of my standard version Blu-rays to the collectors editions, I got one Blu-ray that I missed out on it's first early bird release and I also got a show I have been interested in watching recently so it was a pretty decent haul (all for under £100 too which is great value)

I missed out on the 2020 A Silent Voice collectors edition, I had it in my basket but it was out of stock at checkout. Luckily I just found a sealed one on eBay for only a little more than it would have cost me in the sale so I went from super sad to super happy pretty quickly 😁

There are some really great collectors edition Blu-rays on there but I have 90% of them already. I hope everyone else manages to find something they want 👍

I might pick up Place Promised and Night is Short if I remember later in the week. I’m glad the consensus is that the sale is underwhelming as I def had that vibe and thought I was being grumpy 🤣
I’m somewhat struggling.
I feel almost obligated to get something from the sale, but I would summarise the selection as either titles I’ve already got, or not really discounted.
And the EB redux titles don’t seem to be the same price as the original EB? I don’t have info for many, but looking in my emails, the Eva3+1 is £5 more, while the Patlabor works out as £5 more for the three (I didn’t order, but the EB offer was £70 for all). Even being able to apply the discount code doesn’t make them cheaper (Unlimited subscribers technically lose out with just 5% more off)

Don't think I've bought from their sale since 2022. Stupidly bought Persona 3 and I've watched 15 minutes.
Even worse no-one wants to buy them.

I'd buy the Patlabor films but they're not cheap enough. I bought the 3rd film for $1 so that's my benchmark. (DVD)

Won't be saving the date, there's is literally nothing I want to buy from them, lmao.
There is absolutely nothing to buy or order in this sale, just like I predicted. Welp, I guess I will wait for their Christmas Showcase. Though AL's Christmas Showcase was pretty underwhelming last year AND the year before that... (For me at least)

I see Chaika The Coffin Princess Season 1 has reappeared as a new release. I wonder if that means we will finally see Season 2 UK release.
Hanners has confirmed they do have the rights to both seasons, collector's editions for each are also planned apparently.

I would rather have a collector's edition that covers both seasons together though, but I suppose given how Season 2 wasn't released over here they probably decided to separate it for that reason.

Hanners has confirmed they do have the rights to both seasons, collector's editions for each are also planned apparently.

I would rather have a collector's edition that covers both seasons together though, but I suppose given how Season 2 wasn't released over here they probably decided to separate it for that reason.
I hadn't realised this was an Anime Limited release, seeing as it is not even listed on their site. Although the anime-on-line website doesn't seem to realise it either, as Chaika cannot be found with any search terms just have to see it in the pre-releases section.

Surprising they aren't releasing them bundled together, Sentia has had multiple releases of Season 1 and 2 bundles.

The only thing in the sale that is tempting to me is Tonikawa (must have missed the EB while enjoying myself in Edinburgh). But with a AL November release date, I guess that means an extra wait of 6 months to a year?

I just recently showed my Sentai Blu-ray of Chaika to my mother, and she enjoyed the series. I'll probably grab both of the AL CE whenever they are released, then.

For the summer sale, I ended up going for the Collector's Editions of Re:cycle of the Penguindrum, Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the System and the two Love Live movies. The former I bought for consistency, as I already have the Penguindrum CE, and the latter three, because even though it would look inconsistent on my shelf, I have no idea whether or not they're going to do standard editions of those titles anytime soon, as all three CEs were released back in 2021. Funnily enough, I never bought a Psycho-Pass BD, but I would have to settle for standard sets for those, all of which I have to import (at this time, there is a UK release of Season 1, but I won't be getting that due to Manga's subtitling issues).

I managed to use the 15% unlimited discount as Anime Limited DM'd me the code on Twitter.

Does the 20th anniversay CE of Samurai champloo have a digipak or amaray case inside? I was looking for any intereior shots of the set, but couldn't find any. If it has a digi I would buy it over the upcoming US LE box set.

Back