UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Putting money on it now, AL will have releases of Kamisama Kiss & Flip Flappers by the end of the year 😂

Re-releases are great and all but when are they gonna put out stuff people want like Tiger & Bunny and Persona 4?!

(Still very surprised they haven't got 'My Love Story' yet)

Are they planning on releasing this? Great news.

I’ve already got BRs like Mardock trilogy, so unless there’s some incentive or upgrade, why replace the existing? Admittedly Mardock trilogy is three cases in a card outer, so it wouldn’t be hard to make a nicer package.
Conversely, the existing Flip Flappers CE is a nice set, that I can’t see improving (or even reproducing). But given that I rather liked it, I’d happily double-dip for a reason.

I saw the Monthly Girls’ (re-release) listing pop up, and was thinking to myself; why? - it didn’t appear to be a particularly big seller (for whatever reason), and again; there’s a pretty decent CE alongside a standard that must have covered just about everyone who was going to buy it.
This just leaves me with the impression that all these are costing absolute peanuts to produce (cost and effort), such that it hardly matters if anyone buys them or not.

I’ve already got BRs like Mardock trilogy, so unless there’s some incentive or upgrade, why replace the existing? Admittedly Mardock trilogy is three cases in a card outer, so it wouldn’t be hard to make a nicer package.
Conversely, the existing Flip Flappers CE is a nice set, that I can’t see improving (or even reproducing). But given that I rather liked it, I’d happily double-dip for a reason.

I saw the Monthly Girls’ (re-release) listing pop up, and was thinking to myself; why? - it didn’t appear to be a particularly big seller (for whatever reason), and again; there’s a pretty decent CE alongside a standard that must have covered just about everyone who was going to buy it.
This just leaves me with the impression that all these are costing absolute peanuts to produce (cost and effort), such that it hardly matters if anyone buys them or not.
I think the simple answer to "why?" Is availability.
Crunchyroll has 90% of the licenses on lockdown and Sentai just refuse to be interested in making an effort in licencing what they've got (kinda understandable when they've got such a small piece of the pie and reverse imports WOULD cut into that)

So all that leaves is older re-releases, retro series, and the very small amount of new content from competitors that aren't Crunchyroll (ie. Netflix) which I imagine they're paying WAY too much for.

I can't even remember the August sale last year.

Will it be the usual B1G1F, collector's editions, and mystery boxes?
should be all that, but usually not quite as good deals compared to christmas. (last year i think gundam was a seprate B1G1F week earlier or something)
Mystery boxes are usually just standard edition of 5 compared to CE version's at christmas for about 5 maybe £10 cheaper (usually a lot fewer takers)

I'm hoping for some B1G1Fs. Missed out on Black Lagoon when it sold out fairly quick last time, and it didn't come back in stock until after the sale period (of course).

Terms and conditions for the 15% off code for the Summer Sale:

1723468848765.png

Not redeemable against current early bird offers or pre-orders 😭 and you won't be able to use it on the B1G1F as that has its own code at checkout from memory...

That leaves on sale CEs and any product that isn't on sale. Sad.

Looks like it was the same conditions in the Spring, but I never realised pre-orders weren't included.

Back