UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

What's the problem with Viz Media's discs?
I believe from set 7 onwards (when the anime went from a 4:3 aspect ratio to 16:9) the transfers are quite bad in terms of quality. There was quite a lot of negative reaction to them from set 7 and after, as they didn't look much better (if at all) from the DVDs.

I believe from set 7 onwards (when the anime went from a 4:3 aspect ratio to 16:9) the transfers are quite bad in terms of quality. There was quite a lot of negative reaction to them from set 7 and after, as they didn't look much better (if at all) from the DVDs.

Ah, I see, that is bad. Doesn't really surprise me though, as poor transfers seem to be a thing with alot of Viz's blu-ray releases. Thanks for letting me know. 👍

Also, as I don't use discord, does anyone know if AL ever confirmed what their release of Elfen Lied would include on the blu-ray discs? (fixed Eng Dub track, OVA episode) I expect the OVA to be included, but I really hope the dub has been fixed as well.

Pre-ordered the bleach tybw collectors edition 👌 Great pacing, no filler and no manga content censored.

I’m still on the fence with buying the original bleach set. Only 27 episodes at the start plus no confirmation about fixing the Viz media blu-rays ( I know the problem starts from set 7 onwards but it doesn’t seem worth it to spend money on future box sets with low transfer quality).

I already decided I was going to go with standards for both Naruto and Bleach and was probably going to wait for them to eventually go on BOGOF in a few years but now I have the dilemma if I want the slipcovers or not for Bleach because if I get one with a slip I'll want them all with one.

I know they're exclusive to the first print run but there's always the chance down the line when I pick them up that one may still have a slip whereas others won't and then consistency will be off so decisions, decisions.

£34.99 on HMV for TYBW with the slip isn't a terrible price either.

EDIT: I decided to pre-order the HMV exclusive version of TYBW 😅 now I'm committed to keeping up with the pre-orders of each set.

Last edited:
You can opt for the German or Italian CE from the Plaion Store or Fan Factory store (both ship to various European countries). Same packaging, different discs with English/German/Italian audio and English/German/Italian subs.
I send a question about that to Anime Ltd France and got response: "The Collector's Edition is in English and the same as Anime Ltd UK."

So it's identical, I suppose. It's better to my buying from France due to no problems with VAT, but on other hand I have -10% on Anime Ltd UK... Well, I will buy from France, because it's available.

No, from Germany, because shipping is cheaper and here they will ship to my country, because from France it is impossible (lol).

The German version has a German disc menu and a German information card on the back. At least that's what the publisher says. I'll wait for Anime Ltd - I asked them about more copies and if those 17 are all. They want more, those 17 are canceled orders and are not related to their information about potentially more sets.

TONIKAWA: Over The Moon For You - Season 1 Collector's Edition Blu-ray:

TONIKAWA: Over The Moon For You - Season 1 Collector's Edition Blu-ray:

I have to order the US CE release since I can't import the UK one, due to dual release in UK and US. But, It will actually be a bit cheaper for me to get the US set anyway, since the £25 shipping from AlltheAnime to the US wipes out any Early Bird savings.

Putting money on it now, AL will have releases of Kamisama Kiss & Flip Flappers by the end of the year 😂

Re-releases are great and all but when are they gonna put out stuff people want like Tiger & Bunny and Persona 4?!

(Still very surprised they haven't got 'My Love Story' yet)

Putting money on it now, AL will have releases of Kamisama Kiss & Flip Flappers by the end of the year 😂

Re-releases are great and all but when are they gonna put out stuff people want like Tiger & Bunny and Persona 4?!

I reckon My Love Story is more to the fact that Sentai just re-released it recently and they probably want to use the newer discs instead I reckon (there was also a LE years back so perhaps they may try to grab assets from that to make the CE look more appealing).

School-Live! is another one they'll likely re-release. UN-GO would work as well given the director.

I reckon My Love Story is more to the fact that Sentai just re-released it recently and they probably want to use the newer discs instead I reckon (there was also a LE years back so perhaps they may try to grab assets from that to make the CE look more appealing).

School-Live! is another one they'll likely re-release. UN-GO would work as well given the director.
I'd say them actually using the newer discs is 50/50 at this point...
I always forget Animatsu did School Live! Wouldn't count out Amagi Brilliant Park and long shot Ushio & Tora (highly underrated)

I would gladly pick up those 2 shows along with the Mardock Scramble trilogy as well.

Wouldn't say no to Rahaxaphon either, seeing as they have picked up Elfen Lied.

I'd say them actually using the newer discs is 50/50 at this point...
I always forget Animatsu did School Live! Wouldn't count out Amagi Brilliant Park and long shot Ushio & Tora (highly underrated)

Knowing my luck they will announce Beyond the Boundary next, seeing as I just recently picked up the oop Sentai Steelbook.

Back