UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

1.jpeg
Tonikawa Season 1 CE has a listing in the US, on both the CR Store and Shout Factory Store, complete with BBFC marked discs

The current listing has a couple questions around it. First, the Shout Listing lists the episodes, including the recap and the OVA 'SNS', the CR listing just mentions episodes 1-12. Second, both stores suggest just Japanese audio, when the show was dubbed by CR during its run (including the OVA). may well be a error from Shout (and supplied info to CR) as that has happened before, but it would be a new problem for something produced by CR if that can't be included on the release.

Having both clarified would be helpful.

View attachment 35273
Tonikawa Season 1 CE has a listing in the US, on both the CR Store and Shout Factory Store, complete with BBFC marked discs

The current listing has a couple questions around it. First, the Shout Listing lists the episodes, including the recap and the OVA 'SNS', the CR listing just mentions episodes 1-12. Second, both stores suggest just Japanese audio, when the show was dubbed by CR during its run (including the OVA). may well be a error from Shout (and supplied info to CR) as that has happened before, but it would be a new problem for something produced by CR if that can't be included on the release.

I love that poster design. It's a shame it will have creases all over it though...

Arcane CE is back in stock with apparently 17 copies. Not wasting time this time. 16 copies.

Edit: And they are now gone. I'm so glad I didn't wait till later to sort this.
Anyone interested in the Steelbook or 4K Steelbook

Rarewaves currently have 10% off so 1080p Steelbook is £33.49... So £1.50 cheaper than AOL and £16.50 cheaper than AL ☠️

They plan to add more copies of CE edition of Arcane series? I was on vacation, and during it, I watched this series, and it's great. Now, I am ready to pay for this, but it's sold out. So yesterday addition additional 17 copies, it's final bath or something?

View attachment 35273

It's a mistake, the Eng Dub will be included.

x.com

From Andrew's twitter/X account...

Yes, the dub will also be on disc so expect it to update soon :). It’s just a listing slip - just a listing hiccup so expect it to update shortly to reflect that.

They plan to add more copies of CE edition of Arcane series? I was on vacation, and during it, I watched this series, and it's great. Now, I am ready to pay for this, but it's sold out. So yesterday addition additional 17 copies, it's final bath or something?
17 seemed like a lot so that could have been the second batch.
Otherwise it was people cancelling but still a lot to cancel.

I think it was probably a mixture of cancellations and they usually keep some stock back for replacements for damage during transit etc so they probably freed up some of them.

If they were allowed to manufacture more (which is what I imagine is what they are asking permission for) then you'd expect an extra 500 units at least to come up as the second batch.

You can opt for the German or Italian CE from the Plaion Store or Fan Factory store (both ship to various European countries). Same packaging, different discs with English/German/Italian audio and English/German/Italian subs.

The Bleach plans are out! 3 sets for all the parts.
15th of August for part 1 and 2 to 5 following monthly afterwards before a break before set 2.
Plus today for TYBW. Nothing on season 2 but that doesn't have to be rushed when 3 and 4 aren't even aired yet.

The Bleach plans are out! 3 sets for all the parts.
15th of August for part 1 and 2 to 5 following monthly afterwards before a break before set 2.
Plus today for TYBW. Nothing on season 2 but that doesn't have to be rushed when 3 and 4 aren't even aired yet.
I was really excited for the Bleach 2004 release but I am not a fan of how they are deciding to split releases. 13 seperate releases with 27 episodes each priced at a minimum of £40 (standard edition early bird price) means that it would cost a minimum of £520 for the entire collection and I don't know if I can sink all that into one series.

I was really excited for the Bleach 2004 release but I am not a fan of how they are deciding to split releases. 13 seperate releases with 27 episodes each priced at a minimum of £40 (standard edition early bird price) means that it would cost a minimum of £520 for the entire collection and I don't know if I can sink all that into one series.
I mean I'm not sure how much cheaper it could have been. Bleach is long. And that was always going to add up. Even as a bulk release it would have been insanely expensive which they probably realised, hence splitting it to more affordable chunks like this.

Link to the Bleach plans

Blood War:
Alongside this, we’ve also cooked up something a little special for customers of HMV specifically – whether it’s in-store or online, you’ll be able to find an HMV-exclusive version of BLEACH: Thousand-Year Blood War Part 1 with a bonus O-card featuring the show’s original key visual!

Trying to tempt people to double-dip for the HMV-exclusive edition of Blood War? 👀

2004 series:
  • There will be three Collector’s Edition sets of BLEACH launched throughout our Blu-ray release run – these will feature volumes 1, 6 and 10 of the series.
  • These Collector’s Editions will each contain just one volume of the series, but will also serve as storage boxes for additional Standard Edition volumes. For example, as we’ll see in a moment, our first BLEACH Collector’s Edition will contain Part 1 of the series, but have space to house Parts 2, 3, 4 and 5.
  • Each Collector’s Edition set is planned to feature a large, comprehensive artbook using all of the assets at our disposal, with artwork for each book spanning the volumes of the series that can reside within each storage box. Again, to use our first Collector’s Edition as an example, the art book included will span parts 1-5 of the series.
  • The O-card and art cards are exclusive to the first print run of each part, so be sure to pre-order early to make sure you get yours!

Really driving home the FOMO factor and trying to get people to pre-order as soon as possible, with the exclusive tat in the first print run only.

Seems a very interesting way to split it up, but at least they're doing monthly releases - so while it will be expensive overall (which is to be expected for a long-running series) at least the cost will be spread out.

Pre-orders for both our Part 1 Standard Edition and Collector’s Edition will open across retailers on Thursday, 15th August at 5PM – including, of course, at our own AllTheAnime.com store. We’ll also be running an Early Bird price for two weeks of just £49.99, so don’t miss this opportunity to start your BLEACH collection at this low price!

Not the worst price for a 27-episode collector's edition with a 200+ page art book, and collector's box though (I wonder if it'll be a nice hardback artbook).

I mean I'm not sure how much cheaper it could have been. Bleach is long. And that was always going to add up. Even as a bulk release it would have been insanely expensive which they probably realised, hence splitting it to more affordable chunks like this.
A lot of my negative opinions about the release structure are just personal bias. Episode count is more negligible to me than having a complete experience, so although it's probably on par with a lot of other releases in terms of cost per episode, having to pay so much for one series over several releases isn't a release method that I'm particularly fond of, though I can understand the need to do so as you say for the majority of people.

Basically, I'd rather pay £150 for a complete experience than £500, even if the former series is only 26 episodes long vs 350+, though I get I'm likely in the minority there.

A lot of my negative opinions about the release structure are just personal bias. Episode count is more negligible to me than having a complete experience, so although it's probably on par with a lot of other releases in terms of cost per episode, having to pay so much for one series over several releases isn't a release method that I'm particularly fond of, though I can understand the need to do so as you say for the majority of people.

Basically, I'd rather pay £150 for a complete experience than £500, even if the former series is only 26 episodes long vs 350+, though I get I'm likely in the minority there.
I do get a bit what you mean. If it was a series with say 50 or 100 episodes it definitely would be interesting to do one set at a high price point. I think Dragonball Super did that.
But after a point it simply costs too much for most to drop in a moment.

I do get a bit what you mean. If it was a series with say 50 or 100 episodes it definitely would be interesting to do one set at a high price point. I think Dragonball Super did that.
But after a point it simply costs too much for most to drop in a moment.
Only way it would have been cost effective is if they used SD Blu-ray but U.K. distributors seem allergic to that

As you might guess by the avatar Bleach is one of the only series I'm instantly willing to sink all that money into, the fact that I really like the visuals of the boxes (both original and TYBW) is the icing on the cake.

Back