UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Never used Rarewaves before guessing they’re legit

Is there any reason to use AL over them for Arcane? Cos £15 saving on the 4K is pretty big

Rarewaves are good, I have bought UK anime releases from them in their sales before and I got everything I ordered and nothing was damaged in transit from what I remember, you can pay with PayPal as well, so you will get charged for the pre-order now, if you don't want to be charged at the time of release :)

Never used Rarewaves before guessing they’re legit

Is there any reason to use AL over them for Arcane? Cos £15 saving on the 4K is pretty big

Seconding Rarewaves. They've been around for years and I have used them many times.

They have a reward system, which is nice (500 points = £5 off, 1000 points = £10 off, etc). They do have a tendency to split up items within an order into separate packages, but you will get everything.

They're not the quickest to despatch and they use Whistl via Royal Mail to deliver, so it can take several days or so for items to show up once shipped, but you will get them - never had an issue.

yea, if I were buying the steelbooks, I'd be very tempted to go the Rarewaves route.

Think I settled on the CE, though, that appears to be selling a lot faster than I would like

Not AL's fault, but I am disappointed how meh and boring Arcane's CE looks. It doesn't even have any characters on it, imho the standard edition has better looking cover design than the CE.

I wonder if there will be any new announcements during their summer sale. I don't remember them announcing new titles during summer sales. But yeah, so far this has been a lackluster year when it comes to AL's releases, at least for me. Granbelm and Arcane are only things I have ordered from AL this year and we are soon 8 months into this year. And Arcane is not even AL's own release, they are just importing GKIDS release! Ngl, what a disappointing year of releases from AL so far.

The Arcane CE is, for the time being at least, sold out.
swears
Just a few more days I swear. Was trying to wait till I got paid.

Well, no need to rush on steelbook at this rate then. Can worry about that in a few months.
Just posted on their Twitter. Not a guarantee but there's a chance they'll be able to get additional units of the CE.

Back