UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Later they mentioned that it grew, so 7 is okay. There is great music there. I am surprised by the addition of Blu-ray discs, which will increase the price - I have them from another box!

Anime Ltd FR announced Galaxy Express 999 Movies on UHD:

View attachment 34985

Please, in the UK too... Please!
I would prefer the anime series over the movies but still: how come the French get all the cool stuff?!

Last edited:
New announcements from AL via Japan Expo

Includes first looks at Bleach + Thousand Year Blood War, Studio Laika's catalogue, Devilman: Crybaby, Tekkonkinkreet and a deluxe set for Macross Plus which includes a 7x LP set.
That Bleach box is much more like it, clean and pleasing to the eye instead of the overly-busy Naruto one. Looking forward to finally "retiring" my Bleach DVDs.

Includes first looks at Bleach + Thousand Year Blood War, Studio Laika's catalogue, Devilman: Crybaby, Tekkonkinkreet and a deluxe set for Macross Plus which includes a 7x LP set.
An interesting approach for Bleach - will definitely double-dip the collector’s boxes for the 1-5, 6-9, and 10-13 sets day one but might wait a bit longer on the standard sets depending on how they’re handled.

I'm not seeing any mention of those for the UK. Am I missing something?
No you're not missing much. The French branch will have these:
  • Blood: The Last Vampire (Blu-ray)
  • Blood+ (Blu-ray)
  • Galaxy Express 999 the Movie (Cinema -> 4K home video)
  • Adieu Galaxy Express 999 (Cinema -> 4K home video)
  • Tokyo Ghoul 10th anniversary release
As well as Arcane: League of Legends and Macross Zero (these two UK got the announcement prior).

AL made it clear back when Galaxy Express 999 the Movie was at SLA that they don't have UK rights to the films.

It's here!!!!

224-page artbook for BLEACH and a storage box, dayum!

When I think I'm out, they pull me right back in.
Bleach fans getting the good stuff now.

AL made it clear back when Galaxy Express 999 the Movie was at SLA that they don't have UK rights to the films.
That's interesting, considering that the All the Anime logo appeared before the start of the first film (at least at the Glasgow leg of SLA last year, I can't confirm the Edinburgh screening).

Later they mentioned that it grew, so 7 is okay. There is great music there. I am surprised by the addition of Blu-ray discs, which will increase the price - I have them from another box!
Problem I think they will have is the weight of 7 vinyles and packaging will end up with delivery folk throwing it around. So either crushed corners or some of the vinyles going through the inlay cards

Hopefully I can be proved wrong -_-

Out of these announcements I'm honestly most excited about Devilman: Crybaby as that is a fantastic show and I called it some months back somewhat, I don't remember the context of the conversation but I mentioned if AL licensed Devilman: Crybaby I could see it likely being a dual UK / US release.

I just hope it does include the dub as that's how I watched it originally but if it isn't, it'll be a shame but I'm glad it's getting a home video release at the very least.

Means nothing. They likely used DCP materials from the French release.
Well regardless, in one way, I find it rather misleading to use the logo before the screening, seeing as it made me believe that they have it for a UK release, but on the other hand, All the Anime is one of the partners for SLA, so they can just about get away with keeping the AtA logo on the screening masters, so on my next SLA, I won't expect a UK release from them just because of the logo appearing before a screening of a certain title because, as you rightly said, they would likely use DCP materials from an upcoming French release. In regards to Galaxy Express 999, I'm guessing @Anime France had the licence prior to November last year.

No you're not missing much. The French branch will have these:
  • Blood: The Last Vampire (Blu-ray)
  • Blood+ (Blu-ray)
  • Galaxy Express 999 the Movie (Cinema -> 4K home video)
  • Adieu Galaxy Express 999 (Cinema -> 4K home video)
  • Tokyo Ghoul 10th anniversary release
As well as Arcane: League of Legends and Macross Zero (these two UK got the announcement prior).

Completely missed the French Blood+ announcement! If they've managed to wrestle the license from Sony in one territory maybe there is hope for a UK release.
Shame if it is actually AL for the first few years it'll still be cheaper to pick up the Sony DVD's for £300 a cour going by how the handled Blood-C.

Seven months into this year and there is only one release from AL which I'm interested in (Arcane) and it doesn't even have release date announced at the moment I'm writing this 😭 AL, please, give me something!

I actually got a newsletter today from AL promoting Babylon, hopefully this means they've sorted out the problem with marketing e-mails and the like.

I've also noticed that a number of sites (AOL, HMV, Zavvi) have delisted Naruto Part 2 and onwards so guessing they weren't supposed to put them up so early.

I actually got a newsletter today from AL promoting Babylon, hopefully this means they've sorted out the problem with marketing e-mails and the like.

I've also noticed that a number of sites (AOL, HMV, Zavvi) have delisted Naruto Part 2 and onwards so guessing they weren't supposed to put them up so early.

I also received that email. Hopefully it's back to normal now in time for the August sale and the AnimeUnlimited code! Although, I know people on here are really helpful for giving it out anyway.

Good spot on the Naruto front - although, Amazon still have the Set 2 CE up, if you want to look at the artwork again 😂
Anime Limited will definitely want to debut their own products, haha. There's not as much hype around the second set reveal now.

I haven't gotten a newsletter.

Back