£59.99 for 4K Steelbook
£49.99 for BD Steelbook
£39.99 for standard amaray.

Arcane Preorders are up.

£119.99 for the 4K+BD Collector's Edition
£59.99 for 4K Steelbook
£49.99 for BD Steelbook
£39.99 for standard amaray.

The collectors edition is really meh imo I expected something nicer like the usual Anime Limited style looks like they are just importing gkids release, the blurays even state region A instead of B on the disk art

The collectors edition is really meh imo I expected something nicer like the usual Anime Limited style looks like they are just importing gkids release, the blurays even state region A instead of B on the disk art
Probably explains the quick announcement and preorder, none of the discs or cases seem to have any AL logos apart from the standard blu ray (could be wrong).
So them just putting out Gkids / Shout Factory's release.
Not a bad thing, will at least get QC'd that way 😂

Probably explains the quick announcement and preorder, none of the discs or cases seem to have any AL logos apart from the standard blu ray (could be wrong).
So them just putting out Gkids / Shout Factory's release.
Not a bad thing, will at least get QC'd that way 😂
I'd say it's AL heading the designing for the CE. It isn't unusual for the US and UK CEs to be nigh on identical if they're handled by GKids/Shout Factory and AL.

Edit: beaten to it with prices.

How many episodes is Arcane? Definitely is expensive.
9 episodes. It's very expensive, especially with no early bird deal. However, the quality of the animation is incredible. Some of the best, if not the best in the business.

I was excited for this, but it's a pass for now. I will be patient with this one.

£120 is probably more than I'm willing to pay. The steelbooks are also a little cheaper at Zavvi if anyone is looking at them.

Edit: 4K steelbook is also £44.46 on Rarewaves, BD steelbook is £37.22.
It's a pre-order/early bird price or this will for longer time?
It was mentioned that it'll remain that price indefinitely on the discord.

Last edited:
9 episodes. It's very expensive, especially with no early bird deal. However, the quality of the animation is incredible. Some of the best, if not the best in the business.

I was excited for this, but it's a pass for now. I will be patient with this one.
9? I expected at least 12. That's a huge price point. Not usually Anime Limited's style to be this insane. Either the licence was insanely expensive or this price came higher up the chain.

I wonder how these prices stack with each region, if they are ensuring they can't be bought cheap enough to import instead of buy the one in the home country in question.

9? I expected at least 12. That's a huge price point. Not usually Anime Limited's style to be this insane. Either the licence was insanely expensive or this price came higher up the chain.

I wonder how these prices stack with each region, if they are ensuring they can't be bought cheap enough to import instead of buy the one in the home country in question.
The steelbooks are $43 and $46 while the CE is $150 ex sales tax in the US. There's no EB here as AL is just distributing a GKids product as they are the global licence holders.

The steelbooks are a fair price given how much 4k tv show steelbooks go for, the CE is just really meh i dunno why it doesn’t have the steel in the CE too

Frustrating choice too that there are 2 steelbooks with different art and no overlap for later versions. If you want the 4K but prefer the character on the bluray version, you don't get any of that. Just a one character focus. They aren't even on the CE one either.

I feel it's worth pointing out that while it is 9 episodes, those episodes average about 40-45 minutes each. Remember, despite the namesake of this thread, Arcane isn't actually anime.

Still pretty pricey though.

It is worth mentioning that each episode is about 40-45 minutes long if you're unaware, so it's equivalent in length to something like a 18-19 episode anime.

Personally I think £60 for the 4K w/ HDR and Dolby Vision is worth the cost, and the steelbook is a nice bonus on top.

Though I ended up paying for the collectors edition myself because I love the series and it's not like there's any good merch available anywhere else (F you for that Riot), but I'd have otherwise happily settled for the 4K steelbook.

I feel it's worth pointing out that while it is 9 episodes, those episodes average about 40-45 minutes each. Remember, despite the namesake of this thread, Arcane isn't actually anime.

Still pretty pricey though.

It is worth mentioning that each episode is about 40-45 minutes long if you're unaware, so it's equivalent in length to something like a 18-19 episode anime.

Personally I think £60 for the 4K w/ HDR and Dolby Vision is worth the cost, and the steelbook is a nice bonus on top.

Though I ended up paying for the collectors edition myself because I love the series and it's not like there's any good merch available anywhere else (F you for that Riot), but I'd have otherwise happily settled for the 4K steelbook.

Ah, so anime terms that is a lot more. That's definitely a lot better at least, particularly for the cheaper versions.

Back