UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Would be a terrible marketing choice to cock tease people like that if they weren't actually close to revealing something. Better off keeping their mouth shut in that case.

I'd agree here. Up till now they tend to be a bit more cagey on news for Bleach. They've said it is close but obviously haven't teased like we'd hear news imminently. Just that it is close to being able to move forward. If they are starting to drop hints though, it likely means it must be about ready to start the process. Ideally I'd imagine next month purely because Bleach and Naruto competing in the same month at that price point might cause conflict.

I hope there will be some non-battle shounen and non-shounen romcom stuff soon. The Rose of Versailles would be neat. I would say "gimme Lycoris Recoil and Bocchi The Rock" but I ordered those from CR cause I got tired of waiting for UK/EU release. Sound! Euphonium Season 2 would be cool. It would also be cool if AL WOULD F*CKING FINALLY RELEASE KAKEGURUI SEASON 2!

1720767173305.png

That's an intrinsic problem with anime distribution. The only competition that exists is for the licences. Once you have a licence for an anime, it's not like there's loads of other anime distributors putting out the same releases or sets in competition with each other (unless it's years down the line and a new distributor has picked up the expired licence).

It would never happen of course, but imagine if MVM had the licence to Naruto in the UK alongside Anime Limited - Anime Limited and MVM would then have to compete to produce the best set to get people to order their version. Suddenly, quality checking typos, subtitles, video quality, and getting releases out on time becomes way more important.
If people actually had some respect for themselves and actually stopped pre-ordering evidently flawed sets this would not happen and they would be forced to fix things.

A company needs money to run. No costumer = no money = questionning ****** strategy.

People need to realise that AL is a customer of Sunrise. As a client, you can have expectations, and rightfully ask questions or debate some choices and materials provided. They are not in some jail with duct tape on their mouth.

FWIW, All the Anime France just released what may win the 2024 prize of the most ugly and poorly encoded anime Blu-ray of the year. They just don't care, it sells.

@Hanners you never got back about GunBuster french BD issues btw. Said you would three times. Not nice to put things under the carpet.

Last edited:
If people actually had some respect for themselves and actually stopped pre-ordering evidently flawed sets this would not happen and they would be forced to fix things.

A company needs money to run. No costumer = no money = questionning ****** strategy.

People need to realise that AL is a customer of Sunrise. As a client, you can have expectations, and rightfully ask questions or debate some choices and materials provided. They are not in some jail with duct tape on their mouth.

FWIW, All the Anime France just released what may win the 2024 prize of the most ugly and poorly encoded anime Blu-ray of the year. They just don't care, it sells.

@Hanners you never got back about GunBuster french BD issues btw. Said you would three times. Not nice to put things under the carpet.
I mean as someone who has had professional interactions with Sunrise both as low level staff and a journalist they aren't the easiest company to deal with. They can be very standoffish, especially with Gundam, and the nature of the business means a company like AL can't spill the tea for fear of losing the license.

For any complaints I have about the lack of quality once the product reaches consumers, I appreciate AL are likely stuck between a rock and a hard place. On the one hand they've got a very protective rights holder with inconsistent standards and on the other a frustrated domestic fanbase that can only direct it's frustrations at AL.

No, you are right. I've been guilty of pre-ordering from AL in the past and I have admittedly pre-ordered the Naruto set. I've only been hit by the Kids on the Slope subtitle issue (which was resolved) and the APFTTU audio error and disc printing error. I don't pre-order a huge amount from AL in the grand scheme of things, unless it's something I really want now.

However, I do feel sorry for all the Gundambros who purchased the 4K set, as by the looks of things, it looks very subpar in terms of the subtitle quality and booklet typos.

There's definitely a balance to be struck between wanting to support a company because they produce things you want to buy and not blindly supporting them to the extent that they no longer care about their standards.

New announcements from AL via Japan Expo

Includes first looks at Bleach + Thousand Year Blood War, Studio Laika's catalogue, Devilman: Crybaby, Tekkonkinkreet and a deluxe set for Macross Plus which includes a 7x LP set.
can anybody see how many episodes there are going to be on each boxset as printed on that first blu-ray volume (i want to see how much space i will save replacing my dvd collection)?

F*ck, none of those new announcements interest me. Also f*ck it, I am tired of waiting for AL to release Kakegurui Season 2, I will go with Sentai's release instead.

can anybody see how many episodes there are going to be on each boxset as printed on that first blu-ray volume (i want to see how much space i will save replacing my dvd collection)?

"01-05" on the spine implies that there will be 5 sets, which would mean around ~73 episodes per set.

But it looks like there's only 4 discs in the first set/volume (episodes 1 to 27), so who knows...

"01-05" on the spine implies that there will be 5 sets, which would mean around ~73 episodes per set.

But it looks like there's only 4 discs in the first set/volume (episodes 1 to 27), so who knows...
my apologize when i said boxset i meant volume, i'm just getting the standard edition as all that extra card and booklet will just take up space on my shelf so i'm only interested in episodes per volume.

Back