UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Price is up for Macross Plus, £150. I expect the EB price will be £120 considering the rrp.

There's a crowdfunding campaign for a 4K restoration and English subtitled UHD+BD steelbook of Mamoru Oshii's The Red Spectacles, the first film in the Kerberos Saga. The campaign is open to overseas backers. Btw, the instructions for overseas backers do not mention that the second first/last name field needs to be filled in with katakana characters.

Not an AL release, but AL released the prequel Jin-Roh.

Price is up for Macross Plus, £150. I expect the EB price will be £120 considering the rrp.

So is that ova's have the Bandai dub with the 4th ova having the option of the manga entertainment dub?

Yikes. Guess I'll wait for a cheaper edition.

There only exists a Manga dub of OVA 1-3. Bandai Visual commissioned a new dub of OVA 4 because the Manga dub didn't use the original music and effect stems.

There only exists a Manga dub of OVA 1-3. Bandai Visual commissioned a new dub of OVA 4 because the Manga dub didn't use the original music and effect stems.
Ah, thank you, now I just need to know if the video content (ova's and movie) will be released as is except for the book for other releases, I'm only really interested in the video content as the book would take up space.

Wouldn't that mean this release only includes Bandai Dub for 1-4

Rather than Bandai Dub for 1-4 + Manga UK dub for 4? (If Manga UK didnt make a OVA 4 dub)

It would make more sense if Anime Limited were able to get the episode 1-3 Manga dub

Ah, thank you, now I just need to know if the video content (ova's and movie) will be released as is except for the book for other releases, I'm only really interested in the video content as the book would take up space.
The French Collector's Edition will be OVA+Movie and the Standard edition will be Movie only. The UK release will likely follow the same format.
Wouldn't that mean this release only includes Bandai Dub for 1-4

Rather than Bandai Dub for 1-4 + Manga UK dub for 4? (If Manga UK didnt make a OVA 4 dub)

It would make more sense if Anime Limited were able to get the episode 1-3 Manga dub
This release includes Manga dubs of 1-3 and Bandai dub of 4 + Manga dub of 4 as an extra. Bandai never commissioned new dubs for 1-3.

This release includes Manga dubs of 1-3 and Bandai dub of 4 + Manga dub of 4 as an extra. Bandai never commissioned new dubs for 1-3.
I re-read your original post and saw how I messed up lol. Makes sense now

The description on the AL site could be better, especially the "all presented with" part

Back