UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Will the Belladonna 4k disc get a normal release or was it a collectors edition only? I missed it and I’m considering ordering the Discotek edition but if an ATA version is likely then I’ll wait for that.

Will the Belladonna 4k disc get a normal release or was it a collectors edition only? I missed it and I’m considering ordering the Discotek edition but if an ATA version is likely then I’ll wait for that.
They did do a regular blu ray which seems out of stock on their site but on hmv it states it will be back in stock soon, so I would assume AL are due to restock

Belladonna of Sadness | Blu-ray | Free shipping over £20 | HMV Store

Edit: apologies, I just realized you meant a standard 4k release. Maybe someone more in the know could advise on that.

Granbelm arrived safe and sound. The North America release of A Place Further than the Universe is delayed into May, I hope that the UK release won't be delayed to May as well 🤞 After that there is sadly nothing for me. I hope AL will announce some new releases/licenses in May or July and that there is something for me, especially since last year was such a lackluster year for me in terms of their releases that I only ordered two releases from them during the whole year.
Sigh, nothing for me once again, none of these new licenses interest me 😞 We are already five months into this year and I have only ordered one release from them. This year isn't looking any better than the last year...

For me out of the Sum of things to order

Venus Wars​

lupin PArt 6

macross Plus​

A Ko​

gundam 4k movie trilogy​

macross Zero​

Gunbuster 2​

could be more pending on sales and what gets announced i guess

i do at the very least hope the shipping can get lower for December ...

Looks like Godzilla Minus One is going up on Netflix tomorrow according to the BBFC website. Still no rating for a physical release.
Well, that's me finally resubscribing to Netflix after two years of not having particularly missed it. I just hope Netflix haven't paid for a lengthy exclusivity period to block a western BD release.

Anyone seen a UK Everything Everywhere All At Once home release? A frelling Oscar winning movie without a disc!
At least there are releases available from other regions there. Pour one out for True Lies, no bluray release at all and the new 4K version can barely be called to be in HDR and is a GenAI upscaled mess. Aliens went through the same terrible process upscaling the already not great 2K master and barely breaks the 200nits SDR threshold.

At least there are releases available from other regions there. Pour one out for True Lies, no bluray release at all and the new 4K version can barely be called to be in HDR and is a GenAI upscaled mess. Aliens went through the same terrible process upscaling the already not great 2K master and barely breaks the 200nits SDR threshold.

The Blu-ray is included with the UK UHD of True Lies which is why I got it. I don't have a UHD player, but according to the Blu-ray forums, the Blu-ray is the more watchable disc of the two. Still, Jim Cameron being revisionist, does mean that it's still been AI DNR'd to plasticity (especially for Tom Arnold's face), and it's had a teal and orange colour timing applied. A fair number of cognoscenti are importing the 'original' Spanish bootleg Blu-ray (apparently a D-VHS rip; short lived 1080i tape format, or a TV broadcast rip for the correct colour timing)

I don't like the way Cameron keeps revisiting his films, Lucas style to make them 'better'. I wound up getting the earliest available T2 and Terminator Blu-ray releases in the UK as they still had film grain. I did import the US UHD/BD release of The Abyss. It wasn't released in the UK for BBFC soggy rat reasons. But it's had a new genuine 4k scan, and its DNR and colour re-timing isn't as noticeable 10,000 ft underwater (it is a little turquoisey though). Of the recent Cameron 4k discs, The Abyss apparently looks the most filmic, still.

Unofficial reports are popping up indicating that Minus One will also be available to rent/"buy"on digital storefronts like Amazon and Apple TV tomorrow. There doesn't seem to be an official source for this though, and it's unclear if it's US-only or if all regions will get it at the same time.

At least there are releases available from other regions there.

My problem with EEAAO is that the US disc is Region A locked. Apparently there is a whole lot of Mandarin dialogue that needs English subtitles, which means the European BD releases are out. I found an Australian Region B disc, which is out of stock in Amazon.au, while good old JBHiFi no longer sells to the UK. I eventually found the AU release for sale, on the US Amazon site. So I just paid twice what I normally pay for films on BD to double import that.

EDIT: Now watch the UK release being announced.

My problem with EEAAO is that the US disc is Region A locked. Apparently there is a whole lot of Mandarin dialogue that needs English subtitles, which means the European BD releases are out. I found an Australian Region B disc, which is out of stock in Amazon.au, while good old JBHiFi no longer sells to the UK. I eventually found the AU release for sale, on the US Amazon site. So I just paid twice what I normally pay for films on BD to double import that.

EDIT: Now watch the UK release being announced.

If you're looking for region B Aus discs in future, then Sanity.com.au is your best bet, now that JB Hi-Fi no longer sells direct to the UK as you say.

Their standard international shipping rate is around £8, and £16 if you get over a certain amount of items.

The Rose of Versailles
Oniisama e... (Dear Brother)
Symphogear
Kakegurui Season 2
Sound! Euphonium Season 2
March Comes in like the Lion Season 2
Healer Girl
Lycoris Recoil
Bocchi the Rock
The Magical Revolution of the Reincarnated Princess and the Genius Young Lady
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Witch from Mercury
BanG Dream! It's MyGO!!!!!