Anime at the cinema

I would have rathered had two films in January especially as nothing else I want to watch is out then releasing something in December which is one of the most busy times of the years seems silly.

I would have rathered had two films in January especially as nothing else I want to watch is out then releasing something in December which is one of the most busy times of the years seems silly.
Don’t we already have two in January?
Weathering with You and the Untitled Anime Film listed on Launching Films. Three if you count the Makoto Shinkai double bill.
You are just never happy with the UK theatrical offerings no matter what.

For sure I’m not stuff I want that’s released elsewhere is never here. No Fate in cinemas no Free in cinemas no Sound in cinemas. Not even Bungo. But ofc the comedy I found the second season of in sufferable for sure. I buy tickets most of the time just because I don’t travel up to Scotland doesn’t mean I don’t care. Also I have a ticket for the Q&A in London next week so they really didn’t care about me as they positioned two films in one week.

Last edited:
Once again it seems I am faced with the choice between going to a cinema in a horrible location to get to (crossing 11 busy lanes of traffic in quick succession followed immediately by a massive car park where druggies hang out is not fun) which is as likely as not to be underwater, or going to a cinema where I have to rush out to get the last train that can get me home at a sane time, or not going.

Unfortunately, given the timing and the date, I think the last of those will have to win this time.

So Aqua is Tory, Megumin is Labour, Darkness is Lib Dem and Kazuma is Greens?
This fits too well the more I think on it.

Aqua- Has no grip of reality, feels she deserves your vote because of her high status
Megumin- Strong youth backing, with an 'explosive' manifesto
Darkness- People what to believe she means well, but those of us close spend all our time apologising
Kazuma- Understands the current danger, wishes the other three would be practical about it

Meanwhile Wiz is the SNP. Gets dragged into things by being nearby and is having her life drained as a result.

Japan foundation anime film this year is
Ride your wave
Again nowhere near here. Nearest is 70 miles away in Lewes, although the easiest to get to is about 15 mins quicker according to Google which is Bristol at 1hr 50mins, but 30 miles further away!
EDIT: Forgot to check the London one, about the same time as Lewes, but 10 miles further.

Last edited:
Back