Anime at the cinema

Why short notice and on the day of a general election?

Sometimes these opportunities crop up late, so our choices were either:
  • Not put the film into cinemas at all
  • Give it a theatrical release at short notice
Needless to say, we were strong proponents of option 2!

In terms of the date we chose, we did try to get Boris Johnson in to talk about alternatives but he didn't turn up.

It suggests CR still dislikes the UK so not surprised.
Too short notice and politics is more important to me so i will not go especially as I will be undoubtedly preparing myself for the exit poll.

And tbh I know it will be streaming in a few months after all it is CR.
If my local Vue showed it like Maquia I would go but the extra travelling something I'm mixed on and short notice trying to arrange it.

I too much prefer option 2 to 1. Much happier to have a chance of seeing it than not at all and absolutely can't wait. It's not great notice, but a week is still enough to work with for me (especially not caring about the politics...)

Was going to go to Great Northern in Manchester, but gonna hold out and maybe go to Printworks instead since its on AL's list. Would rather book and reserve my seat.

I'm not really happy. We're being told this is a case of 'release it now or never have it' but based on comments online 'never have it' is basically the case for alot of us.

This is being released with a week's notice in the middle of a financially demanding month and on the day of a key election. People either can't afford it, have other commitments or don't even have anywhere local playing it.

That last one in particular is certainly me. We have a Cineworld and a Vue in Bedford and far as I can see, once again, neither are showing this. Which means if I want to see it I'd have to budget travel costs on top of a cinema ticket.

I've been hopeful for a while we'd see a UK theatrical release of this and would happily financially support it. But this just feels awkwardly wedged in between 2 other films that were given priority and the result is that for many of us it might as well not even be happening.

I've been hopeful for a while we'd see a UK theatrical release of this and would happily financially support it. But this just feels awkwardly wedged in between 2 other films that were given priority and the result is that for many of us it might as well not even be happening.

If we only released films theatrically based on "a date everyone who wants to see it will be available and financially solvent to do so", then we'd never release any films. ;)

We never like hearing that fans can't make it to see a film, but personally I'd rather we please some people if we possibly can, even if it isn't as many folk as we'd like than nobody at all.

I don't mind the film being shown/revealed very soon, I just wish the chosen cinema of choice for the location could have been different. Like I know I could go for Vue in Sheffield, but I would have preferred a different one like ODEON or Showroom instead mainly because they're in the city centre.

Back