UK Anime Distributor Animatsu Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
IncendiaryLemon said:
Wasn't that initially supposed to come out in the summer? Wonder what the delay is...

God knows, its been out in America for ages. I also suspect the second part will not include Redial which is very disappointing.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Wasn't that initially supposed to come out in the summer? Wonder what the delay is...
The first date I have is October, which was announced back in the Summer (as "Q4" initially). It was originally supposed to be released in 2013...

Shiroi Hane said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
The first date I have is October, which was announced back in the Summer (as "Q4" initially). It was originally supposed to be released in 2013...

Ah right, I must have been misremembering.

There's also a standard blu-ray listed at £39.99 for release the same day. I'll probably grab the standard blu-ray in light of that.

Is there any method to the madness re:slipboxes when it comes to Animatsu releases? Nadia, Sidonia and Love.....all have one, but then something like Samurai Jam, priced in line with Sidonia and Love doesn't have one.

The artwork for Beyond The boundary seems to suggest it will have one, but don't like the inconsistency.

thedoctor2016 said:
britguy said:
thedoctor2016 said:
I suppose it will does that mean you wont be getting Unlimited Blade Works then?

I'm more inclined to spend the money on Blade Works after enjoying Fate Kaleid from AL (I know it's a spin off but still..) than spending the money on a show people have repeatedly called average or weak.

Yeah most Fate fans will say prism illya is weak in comparison and its very different. I wished AL got FSN UBW lol
But the MVM version has the aniplex discs! The only thing that can go wrong is logos on the spine...:(

I think the whole Raildex thing was an issue from the get-go.
USA got DVD only, then complete (super cheap) Blu-Rays. So when people finally had a chance to get a UK version, I think the US prices / release might of made a big dent.

Shame, as it was much appreciated of Manga/Animatsu to take a chance on it.

Robbl said:
But the MVM version has the aniplex discs! The only thing that can go wrong is logos on the spine...:(

Don't forget the front

I don't think that may be an issue with UBW. The Hanabee release has a slip to put all of the logos etc on there.

Then again MVM didn't use it to its advantage with Garden of Sinners: They had the logos on the slip!

..only to print the box with the logos on there.

NormanicGrav said:
Robbl said:

Don't forget the front

I don't think that may be an issue with UBW. The Hanabee release has a slip to put all of the logos etc on there.

Then again MVM didn't use it to its advantage with Garden of Sinners: They had the logos on the slip!

..only to print the box with the logos on there.

That was so ridiculous it wasn't even funny...

That's a shame, I would have looked at getting it at some point, then I watched Heavy Object and I don't think Kazuma Kamachi's works are for me. I suppose we have to ask if people were clamouring for a release they had no intention of buying or if Animatsu simply didn't deliver what people wanted. I haven't read any complaints about the release, so I'd assume it was the former, in which case why would people clamour for a release they have no intention of buying?

Perhaps what we should be taking from this is that now things have settled format-wise, maybe there's a cut-off point at which a series is too old for people to buy as a recent title, but not old enough for people to (re)buy as a "classic", meaning some shows get left in a kind of wasteland and whether that might impact what get picked up from now on.

Then again "disappointing" doesn't say much, perhaps Animatsu had unrealistic expectations and we're reading far too much into this.

Buzz201 said:
That's a shame, I would have looked at getting it at some point.

Actually pretty surprised to hear that. Would have thought the show a bit too fan servicey for you. Haven't seen the show myself but If the multitude of gifs are anything to go by, the shows can leans pretty heavy on that stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back