UK Anime Distributor Animatsu Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
NormanicGrav said:
But it looks like it's just a standard Blu-ray release with a slipcover, and by my guess some 'surprises*'.
*Rikka's Khazi patch

The eyepatch is actually from Sentai in the french release, there's their logo on the cardboard holding it.

Andy Hanley of UK Anime Network has teased something that will be announced by Animatsu at MCM Comic Con, one of these will be licensed by them:

- AKB0048: Next Stage
- Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth
- Love, Election & Chocolate
- Taisho Baseball Girls

I'm willing to bet it might be Love, Election & Chocolate but AKB0048 is a possibility.

I have watched and brought the sentai version of Croisee in a Foreign Labyrinth. It is a very good show. It is quite different from other anime shows

He didn't specifically name a distro, just that one of them would be announced. If it is Animatsu, I'd guess AKB0048, but I wouldn't be surprised if MVM announced Croisee

Just Passing Through said:
He didn't specifically name a distro, just that one of them would be announced. If it is Animatsu, I'd guess AKB0048, but I wouldn't be surprised if MVM announced Croisee
It depends in part how exclusive Animatsu's deal with Sentai is (and also on whether Sentai have the UK license to those shows)

The only one that has been streamed here is AKB0048, via Crunchyroll. It's via King Records and I'm not aware of any of their other shows on Crunchyroll (BSP, MGX etc.) being Sentai sub-licenses in the UK but that information isn't always clear. The above list says Next Stage mind, which either rules it out since the first season has not been released here or implies that the first season is also included. The first season has been released in Australia, by Hanabee (DVD-only).

The other three have never been streamed here, but they also aren't on any streaming sites that are available in the UK (with the exception of TAN, but no post-ADV era titles are unlocked) and haven't been announced down under so we can't even guess as to what regions are included.

Has Animatsu said whether Knights of Sidonia Season 1 Collection Blu-Ray & Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions! Blu-Ray are getting rigid artboxes like Nadia did?

Guys, it seems they updated the Amazon product listing without announcing it, the collector's edition physical contents is as follows (it's on disc extras mirror Sentai's US release)...
Special packaging: Rigid Collector's Box, Sticker, Set of 4 Art Cards

Buzz201 said:
Guys, it seems they updated the Amazon product listing without announcing it, the collector's edition physical contents is as follows (it's on disc extras mirror Sentai's US release)...
Special packaging: Rigid Collector's Box, Sticker, Set of 4 Art Cards

So it looks like Animatsu is adapting Anime Ltd's style (or Viz's style to be exact) of packaging by adding rigid boxes for single cases. I have no problem with this, in fact it'll pretty much be consistent with Nadia.

The other shows that look like it's got a rigid (or slipcover) are Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!, A Certain Magical Index, A Certain Scientific Railgun and Beyond the Boundary.

Just received chunibyo in the post, it comes in a chipboard slipcase for 1 amaray, but there's nothing in terms of booklets/artcards. Definately a nice bonus but not deluxe in an AL/ Lull in the Sea way

windcott said:
Just received chunibyo in the post, it comes in a chipboard slipcase for 1 amaray, but there's nothing in terms of booklets/artcards. Definately a nice bonus but not deluxe in an AL/ Lull in the Sea way

Are you by any chance able to share some pictures of it?

NormanicGrav said:
Would it be possible if you could take a photo of the spine view (front side and back)? Just rather curious.

I'd be interested in seeing this too... specifically to try and see if there is a pattern between it and Nadia (and potentially for their future chipboard sets).

Mrclt1994 said:
Thanks - it's such a shame they've got that blue Blu-ray band at the top. Not sure why they thought that looked good

I don't know, but I think there has to be some kind of banner at the top, as you never see a release without it.

Even if it isn't a requirement of the format, certain high street retailers are known to request a certain format of packaging. (Apparently one high street retailer simply will not take a release that doesn't have the BBFC logo on the side, so even though it isn't a legal requirement, almost all releases have it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back