UK Anime Distributor Animatsu Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
th330 on Twitter was kind enough to tweet me some comparison photos between Chunibyo and Nadia:

https://twitter.com/th330vga/status/640875151433834496
https://twitter.com/th330vga/status/640875183578988544

COTYjJXWIAEJjbK.jpg:large

COTYlEeWsAABP6P.jpg:large

Hmmm. Still can't make up my mind. I'll need to wait to see my Knights of Sidonia to get an idea where this is going...

If the image and logo had been the other way around I think it would have been a no-brainer (please excuse crappy mspaint skills).
6oQizzX.jpg

edit: although in retrospect I think I prefer the photo at the top so in my ideal world I'd probably transpose the photo and logo on the Nadia box...

Yeah I've never liked the Manga logo, and if anything the font here makes me like it even less. While I'm on the subject, I also hate that loud ass noise that plays when the logo is shown on some dvds/blurays....not adding anything of value here, just having a moan.

Definitely sounds like Food Wars - that'd be right up their alley.

I have to admit, I'm not overly keen on the Manga logo redesign. Although I'm sure many people don't see it that way, I have a certain admiration for the way the original Manga logo dates all the way back to the early 90s and anime's first foothold in the UK - I like that sense of consistency and whatever lingering value it potentially brings to the brand/old-timers who might have once picked up a copy of Ghost In The Shell or Akira back in the day.

To me it sounds like Animatsu have licensed Food Wars and Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? considering he referenced these two (as some of you have guessed):

We have some "really tasty" anime coming up. - Food Wars

Is it wrong to tease them? He he. ;D - Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?

Basically, anything that has boobs/fanservice in it will likely be a Manga/Animatsu pick-up - that's my usual rule of thumb.

Lutga said:
Basically, anything that has boobs/fanservice in it will likely be a Manga/Animatsu pick-up - that's my usual rule of thumb.

In any case I expect them to get Monster Musume then, heh.

I think Jerome should try and pickup My Love Story, it'll be a good show for shoujo fans in the UK.

I have to admit My Love Story seems more like an MVM title to me as they have more experience with Shojo stuff - also, as it's a two cour show, and MVM seem to be doing more two-part stuff at the moment. Speaking of which, I'd love for MVM to pick up something like Chihayafuru.

I keep forgetting that there's other Animatsu/Manga stuff on its way that's already been announced, like Triage X - now that was a fanservice-fest and a half...

Unless something terrible happens in the last two (?) episodes of My Love Story/Ore Monogatari, I'd definitely buy a Blu-ray release.

Isn't Chihayafuru in that odd group of titles that have an Australian release but not a USA one? Quite a few great titles in that group really (Nichijou, Gosick, Dennou Coil, probably others). They could also do with Blu-ray upgrades.

I don't mind the current Manga logo (that is current assuming the above isn't technically "in" yet). I do agree that the sound effect is annoying though, plus I usually like being able to skip any logos/trailers anyway.

I would buy the heck out of My Love Story if MVM got their hands on it.

@Smeelia - Yes it is. Sub only DVD though. I wouldn't fancy trying to dub it though...

I noticed Animatsu's main website has updated its shows menu.

The following DVDs have been listed with NTSC:
- A Certain Magical Index: Season 1 Collection
- A Certain Scientific Railgun: Season 1 Collection
- Black Bullet: Complete Collection
- Blade & Soul: Complete Collection
- Chaika -Coffin Princess-: Season 1 Collection
- Knights of Sidonia: Season 1 Collection
- Nadia: The Secret of Blue Water: Complete Collection
- Samurai Jam Bakumatsu Rock: Complete Collection

The following DVDs have been listed with just Region 2 or as PAL:
- Beyond the Boundary: Complete Collection
- The Comic Artists and His Assistants: Complete Collection
- Gatchaman Crowds: Season 1 Collection
- Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!: Season 1 Collection

Buzzkillington said:
Yeah I've never liked the Manga logo, and if anything the font here makes me like it even less. While I'm on the subject, I also hate that loud ass noise that plays when the logo is shown on some dvds/blurays....not adding anything of value here, just having a moan.
I'm still just glad they finally got rid of that old shaky burning animated logo, however I preferred the one they used only briefly with blood splats to the neon one.

Is anyone else who bought the Animatsu release of Chuunibyou finding it hard to remove the case from the chipboard? I feel like I have to sit there waving it about and tapping the spine to get it out.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Is anyone else who bought the Animatsu release of Chuunibyou finding it hard to remove the case from the chipboard? I feel like I have to sit there waving it about and tapping the spine to get it out.

Not too much of a problem, if you gently shake it up and down it slides out without a problem for me. I like the release a lot though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back