3x3 Thread

HWR

Shrine Maiden
Was bored so I thought I'd create a thread where people can post their favourite anime, films, music etc in the 3x3 template style. I'll start things off with my favourite anime and musicians.
IMG_1581.JPG
The list:
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Space Dandy
Naruto/Shippuden
Steins;Gate
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
Black Lagoon
Durarara
K-On!
One Piece

IMG_1598.JPG
The list:
Depeche Mode
David Bowie
Nine Inch Nails/Trent Reznor
Pink Floyd
The Cure
Joy Division
Tears for Fears
Trevor Horn
Daft Punk

Here's a template:
IMG_0654.JPG
On mobile I used an app called BeFunky that did the job though requires images that fit their template or else the picture would be cut off at either ends.

Have fun!
H

Last edited:

NormanicGrav

March comes in like a Grav
AUKN Staff
Huh I remember this. A long time ago we had one dedicated to waifus. But either way I'll probably sort out my attempt on a 3x3 later today.

Adam-M

Vampire Ninja
So hard to pick only 9 movies, I've got about 100 in my top 10 😋
I wasn't too impressed with Sunrise. I only saw it recently at a screening at the Royal Manchester College of Music with a live organ accompaniment. It sort of took a different turn when they were chasing the pigs and in the barber shop and stuff.
Music was ace though, so waiting for the Metropolis screening next.

I'm always indecisive with things like this. So my favourite whatever is whatever I'm watching/playing/listening to at the time.
This relates especially to music. I might be watching something new to me and it might be rubbish!

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
Oh boy, there certainly are a lot of these now! Think I'll do my album one first, as I think that'd be easiest. Anime based ones will be so much tougher!

ea5.png
Feel free to judge my taste in music :p

HWR

Shrine Maiden
Oh boy, there certainly are a lot of these now! Think I'll do my album one first, as I think that'd be easiest. Anime based ones will be so much tougher!

View attachment 4268
Feel free to judge my taste in music :p
I'll admit I've never heard of most of those, but I may have to check them out. I also avoided having more than one album per artist otherwise half the squares would have just been Depeche Mode albums ;)

IncendiaryLemon

Captain Karen
AUKN Staff
I'll admit I've never heard of most of those, but I may have to check them out. I also avoided having more than one album per artist otherwise half the squares would have just been Depeche Mode albums ;)
Oh sure, I could do a whole 3x3 just for my favourite Dream Theater albums! I was umming and arring over having just one, but goddamn, I love all three of those albums so much I just couldn't!

Going by your own square, not sure how much of them you'd like. They do span a vast spectrum of rock genres, you got some prog rock, some thrash, some alt-rock, some prog metal, some-pop rock, so you'll probably find something you might like! Out of them all, I'd say you'd like Moving Pictures by Rush, based on your Pink Floyd pick. Quite a different sound, but still some fantastic old school prog.

I’m going out on a limb and saying you like dream theatre.
What would give you that impression?!

@~AyaMachi~ That would be Yotsuba! It's a fantastic manga, equal parts adorable and laugh out loud funny. From the author of Azumanga Daioh if you've seen or read that.

HWR

Shrine Maiden
These are fun to make;

Directors:
IMG_1639.JPG
The list (from left to right:)
Martin Scorsese, Takashi Miike, David Cronenberg, Sidney Lumet, Tim Burton, George A. Romero, Brian de Palma, Dario Argento, John Carpenter.

Last edited:

HWR

Shrine Maiden
Audrey Hepburn was just beautiful in such a simple yet classy way.

@HWR What's the manga with the girl holding sunflowers?
Yotsuba, it's adorable beyond words and has a great set of characters and one of the few portrayals of a capable single father raising a child I've seen in any media. It's unlikely to get an anime because of the authors preferences which is fine by me.

HWR

Shrine Maiden
Oh sure, I could do a whole 3x3 just for my favourite Dream Theater albums! I was umming and arring over having just one, but goddamn, I love all three of those albums so much I just couldn't!

Going by your own square, not sure how much of them you'd like. They do span a vast spectrum of rock genres, you got some prog rock, some thrash, some alt-rock, some prog metal, some-pop rock, so you'll probably find something you might like! Out of them all, I'd say you'd like Moving Pictures by Rush, based on your Pink Floyd pick. Quite a different sound, but still some fantastic old school prog.

What would give you that impression?!

@~AyaMachi~ That would be Yotsuba! It's a fantastic manga, equal parts adorable and laugh out loud funny. From the author of Azumanga Daioh if you've seen or read that.
I'll give them a listen the next time I have a music binge, might find something I like