• Don't miss your chance to choose your favourite anime, manga, and light novels for the Anime UK News Reader's Choice Awards 2018! Be sure to cast your vote and make your voice heard!

3x3 Thread

farzam1999

Student Council President
Next one for me is favourite movies. Ouch, that's a hard one. I always have trouble with that one, as I can only point out my top 3, the rest is kinda just thrown in. Movies like LOTR, BTTF and Star Wars, are the ones I have trouble placing. So I'm currently working on that one. The top row will be my all time top 3, but the rest is just thrown in with no order.

HWR

Baka Ranger
Next one for me is favourite movies. Ouch, that's a hard one. I always have trouble with that one, as I can only point out my top 3, the rest is kinda just thrown in. Movies like LOTR, BTTF and Star Wars, are the ones I have trouble placing. So I'm currently working on that one. The top row will be my all time top 3, but the rest is just thrown in with no order.
Yeah it's probably the most difficult list to make next to favourite songs for me.

farzam1999

Damn, this was hard. But any other day it would've been different. Not the top 3, those ones stay forever. The top three are also in the right order. New Police Story being the first, Bloodsport second, and The Breakfast Club as the third.
1532551415654.jpg
Bottom six are in no order, so please don't hate me @Patient-X, for putting Star Wars as the last one :D

Patient-X

Combat Butler
Damn, this was hard. But any other day it would've been different. Not the top 3, those ones stay forever. The top three are also in the right order. New Police Story being the first, Bloodsport second, and The Breakfast Club as the third.
View attachment 4283
Bottom six are in no order, so please don't hate me @Patient-X, for putting Star Wars as the last one :D
At least it's on there 😁

farzam1999

Tried with actresses, this was also a hard one for me lol.
1532551415654.jpg
These are in no order as well, names are:
Carrie Fisher, Ally Sheedy, Ching Li
Daisy Ridley, Maggie Cheung, Cate Blanchett
Hsu Feng, Anita Mui & Scarlett Johansson.

HWR

Baka Ranger
Underrated and overlooked anime:
IMG_1655.JPG
The list:
Hozuki's Coolheadedness-great and often dark comedy. Got a two cour second season that ended recently but few people seemed to have discussed it.
Utawareumono- A very underrated fantasy series with a great cast, action and score.
Casshern Sins- Atmospheric and often grim, but also fascinating and engaging.
Persona 4 The Animation- A very solid video game adaptation that also acts as one of the funniest anime I've ever seen. Much better than the Persona 5 adaptation has been so far.
The Eccentric Family- A fun fantasy series that's a meld of quirkiness and darker undertones.
Tiger and Bunny- Before MHA, there was this. The developments and turns throughout T&V made for a cool adventure.
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia- One the best romance orientated anime I've seen, with some added melancholic supernatural elements to make it more unique.
The Perfect Insider- A solid thriller with a good MC and engaging mystery.
Poppee the Performer- An insane series with early 3D animation and utterly bizarre circumstances. Even if it's not your thing it's worth experiencing at least once. I still don't quite know what to think of it.

Patient-X

Combat Butler
Games
1532746836088.jpg
Galaga (arcade), Elite (ZX Spectrum), GoldenEye (N64), Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64), Shenmue (Dreamcast), GTA Vice City (PS2), America's Army (PC), Assassin's Creed 2 (XBOX 360), Skyrim (XBOX 360)

Last edited:

HWR

Baka Ranger
Also mine for games:
IMG_1667.JPG
The list (no order asides from the first three games.)
1. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
2. Grand Theft Auto Vice City
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
6. Persona 4 Golden
7. Silent Hill 2
8. Bioshock 2
9. Batman: Arkham Asylum

HWR

Baka Ranger
Ocarina of Time πŸ‘
Ah fair enough I'm sort of less into that one due to how some mechanics and story aspects haven't aged well. For me MM took a lot from OOT (literally it was made in 18 months reusing a lot of assets) but improved it, especially the barren overworld and underdeveloped characters.