3x3 Thread

Underrated and overlooked anime:
IMG_1655.JPG
The list:
Hozuki's Coolheadedness-great and often dark comedy. Got a two cour second season that ended recently but few people seemed to have discussed it.
Utawareumono- A very underrated fantasy series with a great cast, action and score.
Casshern Sins- Atmospheric and often grim, but also fascinating and engaging.
Persona 4 The Animation- A very solid video game adaptation that also acts as one of the funniest anime I've ever seen. Much better than the Persona 5 adaptation has been so far.
The Eccentric Family- A fun fantasy series that's a meld of quirkiness and darker undertones.
Tiger and Bunny- Before MHA, there was this. The developments and turns throughout T&V made for a cool adventure.
Dusk Maiden of Amnesia- One the best romance orientated anime I've seen, with some added melancholic supernatural elements to make it more unique.
The Perfect Insider- A solid thriller with a good MC and engaging mystery.
Poppee the Performer- An insane series with early 3D animation and utterly bizarre circumstances. Even if it's not your thing it's worth experiencing at least once. I still don't quite know what to think of it.

Games
1532746836088.jpg
Galaga (arcade), Elite (ZX Spectrum), GoldenEye (N64), Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64), Shenmue (Dreamcast), GTA Vice City (PS2), America's Army (PC), Assassin's Creed 2 (XBOX 360), Skyrim (XBOX 360)

Last edited:
Games
View attachment 4348
Galaga (arcade), Elite (ZX Spectrum), GoldenEye (N64), Zelda (N64), Shenmue (Dreamcast), GTA Vice City (PS2), America's Army (PC), Assassin's Creed 2 (XBOX 360), Skyrim (XBOX 360)
When you say Zelda N64 which game are you referring to? Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask?

Also mine for games:
IMG_1667.JPG
The list (no order asides from the first three games.)
1. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
2. Grand Theft Auto Vice City
3. Final Fantasy VII
4. Red Dead Redemption
5. The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt
6. Persona 4 Golden
7. Silent Hill 2
8. Bioshock 2
9. Batman: Arkham Asylum

Ocarina of Time 👍
Ah fair enough I'm sort of less into that one due to how some mechanics and story aspects haven't aged well. For me MM took a lot from OOT (literally it was made in 18 months reusing a lot of assets) but improved it, especially the barren overworld and underdeveloped characters.

Ah fair enough I'm sort of less into that one due to how some mechanics and story aspects haven't aged well. For me MM took a lot from OOT (literally it was made in 18 months reusing a lot of assets) but improved it, especially the barren overworld and underdeveloped characters.
I liked MM and as you say it improved on OOT greatly, but OOT is just more special to me. We both agree on Vice City being the best GTA, 80's music rules all 😎

I liked MM and as you say it improved on OOT greatly, but OOT is just more special to me. We both agree on Vice City being the best GTA, 80's music rules all 😎
Vice City Stories is good too, and arguably has a better soundtrack as well. I'd say my top 3 GTAs are Vice City, San Andreas and Vice City Stories.

Vice City Stories is good too, and arguably has a better soundtrack as well. I'd say my top 3 GTAs are Vice City, San Andreas and Vice City Stories.
I love all the GTA games, even the early 'view from above' ones. But Vice City was a game changer, all the ones after have just been VC with extra twiddly bits 😋 There all awesome though. You could always tell when a new GTA was released because I'd book a week off work 😀 it's one of the few games I'd buy on day one, those and assassin's creed.

I love all the GTA games, even the early 'view from above' ones. But Vice City was a game changer, all the ones after have just been VC with extra twiddly bits 😋 There all awesome though. You could always tell when a new GTA was released because I'd book a week off work 😀 it's one of the few games I'd buy on day one, those and assassin's creed.
Only flaw with VC is the fixed camera whilst driving a vehicle that they fixed in the iOS version. Even that helicopter bomb mission isn't difficult now I've played it enough times!

Only flaw with VC is the fixed camera whilst driving a vehicle that they fixed in the iOS version. Even that helicopter bomb mission isn't difficult now I've played it enough times!
That's wasn't a flaw, it was a character building quirk. Fixed camera's are a test of your gaming prowess 😎

My favourite trick was a glitch in the mall where you can end up trapped in a purgatory void wherein the game hasn't loaded properly and the mall music keeps playing as you figure out how to get around.

Back