UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Anime Limited, hire me to proofread Gundam releases. We all know I'm an insufferable nerd. Let's both actually benefit from it.

I feel like you could have done a 100% better job than whoever QC'd it at Anime Limited :/

Wonder if this is a case of Anime Limited can no longer get hold of material from Crunchyroll (even though they use the sub track for their Bluray release) so they've had to use the old Beez Subs

Questions if we will ever see a new Gundam release from Anime Limited, especially with WfM being a Crunchyroll release

Gundam Seed Freedom seems like a very good possiblity, but that won't be till next year (it has a christmas day release in Japan)

I have a question, because I thought today that maybe there were supposed to be two versions of subtitles, but you can't turn them on? Has anyone checked Gundam discs on PC - don't I have a different track to choose from, which can't be selected from the menu?

Wonder if this is a case of Anime Limited can no longer get hold of material from Crunchyroll (even though they use the sub track for their Bluray release) so they've had to use the old Beez Subs
This sounds about right. A lot of the English language Gundam releases were handled by RightStuf/Nozomi, and it's likely because they got folded into CR, those materials are no longer available.

Gundam Seed Freedom seems like a very good possiblity
Yeah, considering AL handled promotion for theatrical, it's highly likely they'd do home video for it.

This is not good enough lads Anime Limited need to understand this release was expensive even by AL standards, the old Blu-ray release from AL had proper subs so I dunno what happened at licensor level but why would they just decide to give a different set of subtitles to the same distro.
If your are charging for a premium product you can’t release something of this quality and go oh oops we’re sorry.
I hope people who bought it send it back for a refund

I think there has been a history of this kind of thing with some companies. Like missing episodes from western releases (was that Sailor Moon?). I think the hope is that the “real fans” will just buy the Japanese version because it’s the best version. But really everyone just looks like a bunch of P to the icks.

It's a bit like the days of Kaze releasing titles with rubbish subtitles (Bakuman springs to mind) or subtitles which were modified by someone who wanted to add their own take (although don't think that was a Kaze release).

Maybe it's time for people to speak with their wallets and stop preordering stuff from AL (I know it won't happen but still...)

A) They'll always be delayed anyway

B) You'll get them for a cheaper price in a sale about six months after release

C) Someone will preorder them - there'll always be a guinea pig to find out about issues from. Or there's probably a site somewhere that reviews them or whatever.

AL have been getting away with overpriced sloppy releases for ages now. They'll keep getting away with it if you keep throwing money at them every time they announce a new Limited Collector Special Ultimate edition.

Maybe it's time for people to speak with their wallets and stop preordering stuff from AL (I know it won't happen but still...)

A) They'll always be delayed anyway

B) You'll get them for a cheaper price in a sale about six months after release

C) Someone will preorder them - there'll always be a guinea pig to find out about issues from. Or there's probably a site somewhere that reviews them or whatever.

AL have been getting away with overpriced sloppy releases for ages now. They'll keep getting away with it if you keep throwing money at them every time they announce a new Limited Collector Special Ultimate edition.
Problem is the prices are getting higher and higher if ya don’t buy in the early bird your stuck waiting for a sale where it might sell out

If your charging these prices you have to do better

View attachment 34936

Tbf I was probably the first one who noticed Venus Wars being an issue so I suppose I'll be the first to take the L on a number of AL products... like Macross Plus. I'm willing to take the risk on Naruto if no one else wants to bother.

I'll be with you on Naruto, it's one of my favourite shows. I'll be pre-ordering it the minute pre-orders open tomorrow and looking for any blemishes when I eventually get it.

Problem is the prices are getting higher and higher if ya don’t buy in the early bird your stuck waiting for a sale where it might sell out
This is why I've tended to pre-order. Limited quantities so don't want to miss something if it sells out.

It's a shame that we're getting poor quality releases from now just AL but really across the board these days. MVM's titles have been plagued with issues over the past 18 months or so too.

Back