The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

The independent distributor Metrodome have gone into administration. Not a lot of anime in their back catalogue, although a lot of decent Asian cinema (looks like The World of Kanako release might be nixed), but if you're into the classic Transformers animation, that was all on Metrodome's label, listed on this page. Including an early BD release for the movie, which Manga are re-releasing this year.

If you're a Transformers fiend, it might be worth looking around before stock vanishes.

Hopefully someone grabs The World of Kanako, the films not getting much luck here. First Third Window had it, then they sold it to Metrodome and now like you wrote, it's very possible that the release might not happen.

My preorder for it hasn't been delayed yest by Amazon (not that it means anything). Pretty sure it's had its AUS release, so has figured it would be sticking close to the original 5th Sept date... :/

Bits of an odd one. The Boy & The Beast (via StudioCanal) has been delisted on Amazon, is showing up as a January release on Zavvi & has disappeared from AOL (I say that but I'm not 100% sure it was there to start with, I'm 85% positive I saw the title listed before though)

Wonder what exactly has happened with this one? Part of me wonders whether the license has reverted or has been licensed/sublicensed to Funimation for the UK (their release was region AB).

A new batch of cast photos for the live-action Ghost in the Shell has been posted to a Taiwanese (?) Facebook group - quality isn't the best, but they seem to be legitimate. Most notable is the first look at Takeshi Kitano as Aramaki.

14021728_1097578836962764_1858336716378611985_n.jpg

A digest video of the songs included in the upcoming Ash Crow album from Susumu Hirasawa.

Ash Crow is a compilation/new mix of songs from the Berserk franchise. Contains new songs like Ash/Hai Yo, to previous inclusions like Aria (Golden Age Movies) and Sign (PS2 game), and even remixes (Forces 2016 and Indra 2016).

PV for In This Corner of the World, looks absolutely incredible. Been waiting patiently for this one. Opens November 12.
Director/Script: Sunao Katabuchi (Mai Mai Miracle, Princess Arete)
Character Designer: Matsubara Hidenori (Gankutsuou)

Back