I meanwhile am still stuck needing time to do the first part of Lostbelt 5. Glad the Imagine Scramble story was pre-lostbelt 5 and that this 5.5 is permanent.
I got quite lucky with my timings and finished Lostbelt 4 juuuust before Imaginary Scramble started so segued seamlessly into that, then Lostbelt 5 and now on to 5.5. The 1/4 AP period for storyline missions really helped I must say. Olympus was epic as promised but waiting for Lostbelt 6 after is not going to be fun heh.

I got quite lucky with my timings and finished Lostbelt 4 juuuust before Imaginary Scramble started so segued seamlessly into that, then Lostbelt 5 and now on to 5.5. The 1/4 AP period for storyline missions really helped I must say. Olympus was epic as promised but waiting for Lostbelt 6 after is not going to be fun heh.
I'm glad that the 1/4 AP is there to make getting through them easily. Finding the time while playing other games is the hard part.
And yeah, that wait will be a long while.

I'm glad that the 1/4 AP is there to make getting through them easily. Finding the time while playing other games is the hard part.
And yeah, that wait will be a long while.
Goodness, no way can I manage more than one game at a time! FGO is really easy to (and addictive) thanks to being on the phone, so I do worry about adding another one on the phone in Nier Incarnation into the mix! As I glance over to my still unplayed PS4 games collecting dust, not even starting on my switch list with the ps5 ones being a distant dream (will probably start those when the ps6 is released heh).

Nier strangly enough isn't much of a time sink unless you want it to be. The best thing about Nier reincarnation is that once I hit the point where grinding is necessary it pretty much plays itself so I can get on with posting in this thread while my characters get me some materials :p.

Last edited:
The best thing about Nier reincarnation is that once I hit the point where grinding is necessary it pretty much plays itself so I can get on with posting in this thread while my characters get me some materials :p
Aaaah that is very interesting and good to know - definitely not like FGO then heh. Looks like '23 will be the year of Nier for me then! I refuse to get hooked on anymore gacha, only going to get into that as a Nier fan heh.

Aaaah that is very interesting and good to know - definitely not like FGO then heh. Looks like '23 will be the year of Nier for me then! I refuse to get hooked on anymore gacha, only going to get into that as a Nier fan heh.
It's a very different game to any other Gacha I have played which is why I got very confused the first two tries I gave it a go. It's not a character collector game to begin with (at least not at the start) and unless you're a whale who maxes out everything with cash getting multiple 4 star characters is more of a hindrance than anything. Ideally you want to get one good 4 star and either try to get multiple copies of that character or grind them out to level 90, then fill out the rest of the party with some good 3 stars. It's the weapons that are what you really want and characters are only there just to wield them.

Long term goal is to build multiple elemental themed teams and that is when you can start collecting 4 star characters.

Goodness, no way can I manage more than one game at a time! FGO is really easy to (and addictive) thanks to being on the phone, so I do worry about adding another one on the phone in Nier Incarnation into the mix! As I glance over to my still unplayed PS4 games collecting dust, not even starting on my switch list with the ps5 ones being a distant dream (will probably start those when the ps6 is released heh).
Luckily FGO is the main time sink one. Events take longer with farming but I can match them with stuff I want to watch, and most story events aren't too long baring actual story content which is huge.
So with the others I play, Arknights is on and off but relatively easy to farm when needed on that since it does it in an auto mode, and Genshin is the other which gets regular content but I can normally catch up in 1 or 2 days if needed.

Genshin is the other which gets regular content but I can normally catch up in 1 or 2 days if needed.
This is true, Genshin looks a lot bigger than it actually is, artifact farming is the actual worst thing in any of the games though and will take you potentially weeks to months.

Again Kudos to Nier as it has the same artifact system that you have to grind out, but you can set and forget with that game.

This is true, Genshin looks a lot bigger than it actually is, artifact farming is the actual worst thing in any of the games though and will take you potentially weeks to months.

Again Kudos to Nier as it has the same artifact system that you have to grind out, but you can set and forget with that game.

Exactly. It's a massive game, and if you start from scratch it will take ages to catch up since there's now 4 regions plus 2 extra ones within regions. But playing it daily, weekly, or even monthly isn't too bad.
And if you play it more casually, artifact farming can be done more easily too. I just use up my resin to do that and the battle pass and leave it as that, as I'm not interested in game breaking artifacts but merely getting the right ones for my builds. I can always improve them later so long as the character is usable.

Yeah Genshin is the other one I had tried earlier this year and ran away from very quickly as it looked massive. Definitely wish I had the time for that one, especially how it is wonderfully cross-platform. But, it'll definitely stay at the back of my loooong list of games to catch up on.

Yeah Genshin is the other one I had tried earlier this year and ran away from very quickly as it looked massive. Definitely wish I had the time for that one, especially how it is wonderfully cross-platform. But, it'll definitely stay at the back of my loooong list of games to catch up on.
If you treat it early on as a big new game, then you can kind of catch up. But it is far larger now than when it started.

Tbh I think you could catch up in Genshin in a few weeks or so if you beeline the story.

You have Mondstat 1-3 + Amber, Kaiya and Lisa quests which iirc were mandatory.
You want to complete Razors quest for wolf lord unlock.
Liyue 1-3
Traveler 1
You really want to complete Zhongli 1-2 for Azdhaha unlock
Inazuma 1-3 + Ayaka and Yoimiya which are mandatory.
Traveler 2-3
Then you have cought up to Sumeru.

Though honestly if you optimised it like that it probably wouldn't be very fun, as the appeal of Genshin is exploring and interacting with the overworld inbetween events.

I'd agree. You'd probably want to spend a good 2 months on it most likely to catch up, purely to do region by region and take the time to explore. Especially as you have large world questions that you would want to explore as you go at times, and don't want to burn yourself out.
Thankfully major story content of new zones doesn't come about too often so there is some leeway.

I actually recently did this and can quantify it a little - started playing during Cyno's banner, got Kuki Shinobu and decided I wanted to use her but I couldn't get the naku weed I needed to level her up because I hadn't finished Mondstadt, let alone the other regions. So I charged through the archon quest and other mandatory content, then continued hurrying thereafter because you have to do quite a bit in Inazuma before you can get to anything relevant (and then I carried on because I wanted to actually see Cyno, lol). It was fun so I didn't burn out, though I have a job and other commitments so it wasn't nonstop. And I did the Chasm on the way because Shinobu also needed the drops from there! And Dragonspine just because my optional quest list became so long that I couldn't actually cope with it any more, along with the seasonal events. Finally caught up on Sumeru's main quest line a week or so ago, so about six weeks in total of content. I've done a fair bit of exploring (100% in all of Mondstadt bar one area at 98% and close to maxing out Liyue reputation) but I'm still missing a lot of side content in Inazuma/Sumeru. My friend is sad that I've yet to meet Itto and I haven't unlocked Zhongli's second story yet but there's genuinely a heck of a lot of content in the game 😅

Once all of the side stuff is mopped up I will put it on the back burner and play it more casually, which I think will work well.

R

I actually recently did this and can quantify it a little - started playing during Cyno's banner, got Kuki Shinobu and decided I wanted to use her but I couldn't get the naku weed I needed to level her up because I hadn't finished Mondstadt, let alone the other regions. So I charged through the archon quest and other mandatory content, then continued hurrying thereafter because you have to do quite a bit in Inazuma before you can get to anything relevant (and then I carried on because I wanted to actually see Cyno, lol). It was fun so I didn't burn out, though I have a job and other commitments so it wasn't nonstop. And I did the Chasm on the way because Shinobu also needed the drops from there! And Dragonspine just because my optional quest list became so long that I couldn't actually cope with it any more, along with the seasonal events. Finally caught up on Sumeru's main quest line a week or so ago, so about six weeks in total of content. I've done a fair bit of exploring (100% in all of Mondstadt bar one area at 98% and close to maxing out Liyue reputation) but I'm still missing a lot of side content in Inazuma/Sumeru. My friend is sad that I've yet to meet Itto and I haven't unlocked Zhongli's second story yet but there's genuinely a heck of a lot of content in the game 😅

Once all of the side stuff is mopped up I will put it on the back burner and play it more casually, which I think will work well.

R
Wow that is genuinely impressive. Nice hustle.

R
That's a good example here then, especially because as you said you have commitments and a job. And with Inazuma and Sumeru, there is a lot of the world to explore that is completely separate from the main story unlike with the first two regions so it makes sense why you still have lots of side content there, since the world questions do take you off the regular path.

Back