Figure discussion/picture thread

generally how do they package a cheeky nendos, is it on a similar level to whoever AL uses for their CEs with the airpocket things? they seem to have jashin listed for pre-order again
No idea sorry I have only used them for scales so I'm not sure how they would package a smaller box.

I don’t have the patience for surface Mail. I use DHL as it’s cheaper than EMS.
I find that DHL is only cheaper if the parcel itself is relatively small, but I always bundle all of my items into one big box in a month, which ends up resulting in EMS being notably cheaper. I would have used EMS instead, but I ordered this back during the days when surface was the only option available as they had suspended EMS and other methods due to the threat to air transport from the war.

It appears that Amiami is now doing single shipment only for almost all new scale figures. No idea why they decided on this policy, but if you look through the latest pre-orders almost all of them are listed as single shipment only even relatively small simple 1/7 scale figures.

In case you don't know this means that every item will need to ship separately, can't even include a small item with what is already a relatively small figure. This just means a lot more expenses in shipping, customs and handling fees. I'm definitely going to be cutting back with this change.

There's a big topic on MFC about it.

It appears that Amiami is now doing single shipment only for almost all new scale figures. No idea why they decided on this policy, but if you look through the latest pre-orders almost all of them are listed as single shipment only even relatively small simple 1/7 scale figures.

In case you don't know this means that every item will need to ship separately, can't even include a small item with what is already a relatively small figure. This just means a lot more expenses in shipping, customs and handling fees. I'm definitely going to be cutting back with this change.

There's a big topic on MFC about it.
Think they’ll lose more sales than they might expect on people not lumping in cheap impulse buys from pre owned that you wouldn’t be willing to pay full shipping for. Surprised things breaking was a big enough issue for them to cancel combined figure orders entirely I didn’t think it was that common🤔

Think they’ll lose more sales than they might expect on people not lumping in cheap impulse buys from pre owned that you wouldn’t be willing to pay full shipping for. Surprised things breaking was a big enough issue for them to cancel combined figure orders entirely I didn’t think it was that common🤔
Yeah, I think the breaking items issue is just an excuse. I think the real reason for the change is that it takes a lot more manual labour to have people play tetris to arrange all of the items into one larger box than just taking one figure and placing it in one appropriate shipping box. In my opinion this is just a move to cut costs and time on getting items out to shipping.

Lately it has been taking them around 2 weeks to ship out an item after payment received and it's likely due to the amount of time it takes someone to fetch all of the required items and arrange it into the right shipping box. They probably came to the conclusion that they can cut this time down and the cost of labour by just forcing people into single shipment for scale figures.

It appears that they've given up on this single shipment restriction, probably due to complaints, and all of those figures can now be put into combined shipping.

On another note finally some good news, some new Panty & Stocking figures have been announced from GSC. The aftermarket prices on the existing ones is so extreme.
3354061.jpeg
3354341.jpeg
3354343.jpeg

High Grade kits have become a lot more complicated over the last 20 years. I'm sure it used to be possible to build one in a few hours. This one was more like 9 or 10, and I haven't put all the stickers on yet (not sure if I will, since a lot are only 1mm, and the long white lines could easily go wrong). I'm glad that they mould the plastic in the correct colours now though; I can't be bothered painting kits anymore.
IMG_20230219_142429.jpg

High Grade kits have become a lot more complicated over the last 20 years. I'm sure it used to be possible to build one in a few hours. This one was more like 9 or 10, and I haven't put all the stickers on yet (not sure if I will, since a lot are only 1mm, and the long white lines could easily go wrong). I'm glad that they mould the plastic in the correct colours now though; I can't be bothered painting kits anymore.
View attachment 28321

Which series is this from? :)

Back