UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Definitely getting Full Metal Panic! Invisible Victory, Gun Gale Online and Cyber City Oedo. I already have Kill la Kill on Blu-ray, but depending on price I may be tempted to get a single box set.

In my opinion I actually prefer these complete boxes instead of the original ones, was never a fan of the Kill la Kill box so may upgrade... downgrade? To this one if the final design drops the 'COMPLETE SERIES COLLECTION' in giant black letters down the spine!

So depending on prices I may sell my KLK and Erased part sets.

I'm perfectly happy with my original CE's. The Kill la Kill outer box is an upgrade but that's about it.

I'll probably be buying all the new stuff though!

looking at CEX for kill la kill just incase and wew i think AL stuff bombed in value, i noticed it last week with gundam but i just assumed it was because they merged both CE and regular into each other

I'm a shoe-in for Planetes & Re-Zero, with Children of the Sea and Cyber City Oedo being likely pre-orders. I'll have to see about the Millennium Actress collector's edition, given that I have no plans to upgrade my tv/bd player to 4K models until both actually die. It's a nice set, but if we're talking about £50+ for one film. it's straight to amaray for me.

It was nice to see a video collaboration from the whole team like this. I don't really engage with the con circuit or deliberately follow AL on a personal level, so it was nice to see that the entire team still being the same as it was when they did group podcasts, which was several years ago at this point. I also had no idea Kerry was back at the company, which was a pleasant surprise. Hopefully we'll see more efforts like this as we move into our Christmas bunkers

I'll have to see about the Millennium Actress collector's edition, given that I have no plans to upgrade my tv/bd player to 4K models until both actually die. It's a nice set, but if we're talking about £50+ for one film. it's straight to amaray for me.
I don't think Millennium Actress will be as expensive as Weathering With You this time around. For starters the collector's set has less items to offer than the WWY one, and the film was released in the UK before under Manga Entertainment so BBFC costs won't be an issue.

If I had to make a guess on how much it would be in terms of SRP, it'll be either £39.99, £44.99 or £49.99 (the early bird price would then be between £20-30).

I don't think Millennium Actress will be as expensive as Weathering With You this time around. For starters the collector's set has less items to offer than the WWY one, and the film was released in the UK before under Manga Entertainment so BBFC costs won't be an issue.

If I had to make a guess on how much it would be in terms of SRP, it'll be either £39.99, £44.99 or £49.99 (the early bird price would then be between £20-30).

Good to know. I think my biggest worry was just how much the cost of including the 4K disk would be, although admittedly I haven't really kept up with how much the replication costs have gone down since the discussion around the Your Name deluxe edition some years back

I would love to have a HD remaster of Dirty Pair, not counting that one from last year as it was pretty bad and only released in Japan with no English subs. They over saturated and excessively smoothed everything and on top of that edited out all of the references to the other anime.

I would love to have a HD remaster of Dirty Pair, not counting that one from last year as it was pretty bad and only released in Japan with no English subs. They over saturated and excessively smoothed everything and on top of that edited out all of the references to the other anime.

Wow dodged a bullet on that one. But I agree I would love that as well, it was one of my favorites from the old sci-fi channel days.

Rip me. WIll be picking up:

FMP IV
RE zero (Can't believe im seriously going to buy it again just because i missed out on the box the last time)
Cyber City
Millenium Actress
Erased
Planetes
Kill la Kill

I was also hoping that they would have gave millenium actress a similair release to Perfect Blue and eventually have released all of Satoshi Kon's movies in that A4 format.

Do you think if I ask really really nicely that they would sell just the box? Already have the 3 Blu-ray amrays.
Other than that definitely Millennium Actress and Planetes, both upgrades from DVD.
if they did ever, sign me up for the Eureka Seven and Testament boxes too, wouldn't mind if the FMP box got a reprint also or they had an SKU with FMP IV for a box with space for 4 amaray cases

Back