The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Hmm, I'm sure some of these have been previously announced. Anyway none of it really appeals to me. I was kinda interested in Eden, but it feels like it's lacking in anything special, whereas even a much cheaper show with a similar premise Kemono Friends had caught my attention.

So Rohan isn't anything new, they're just announcing the 4 OVA's are going to be streaming on Netflix now. That's disappointing.

Some of the other shows look promising though.

Re Tokyo Babylon 2021, a special episode of the CLAMP-themed podcast CLAMPcast In Wonderland came out today about the announcement of the new series. Their reaction pretty much echoes all of the concerns brought up.

More Rilakkuma! The first show was charming as hell & criminally underwatched.

This news is pretty funny as Kenjiro Tsuda also directed and starred in a live action short last year. Tsuda is perfect for this series.

Urgh, I'm so happy he was cast. The role was written for him. They better not mess this up, legit the funniest manga I've read.

Does that new batch of announcement include whatever it was that Clamp and that other batch of creators had announced they'd partner up with Netflix previously?

Nice about Househusband. After that TsudaKen clip went viral, that coming was only a matter of time. (Live act announcement was a deal faster though.)

Does that new batch of announcement include whatever it was that Clamp and that other batch of creators had announced they'd partner up with Netflix previously?

Nice about Househusband. After that TsudaKen clip went viral, that coming was only a matter of time. (Live act announcement was a deal faster though.)
If it wasn't in the line up then no. Didn't see them on the staff lists

Last edited:
I think it's more of a miracle the manga survived as long as it did before the anime came along! Im half joking, but the manga really isn't anything special.

I think it's more of a miracle the manga survived as long as it did before the anime came along! Im half joking, but the manga really isn't anything special.
Yeah I enjoyed the series but still very surprised at how successful it was. Even the ufotable anime was pretty standard due to the studio focusing on the Heaven's Feel movies.

Back