The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Well I sure picked a good time to focus on the backlog with all these series getting delayed.

Only My Next Life as a Villainess and Ascendance of a Bookworm Season 2 are safe from delays at this point as production was completed before broadcast.

Lol, why anyone over 8 years old would want to watch something like Precure or Digimon is totally beyond my comprehension... 😵
Well Digimon would be a nostalgia thing I guess. From the latest Mothers Basement video the new series takes the plot of the Hosoda film (that he then turned into Summer Wars) and updates it. From the clips the action looked well animated and from what I've heard of PreCure the same goes, I mean it's Toei so I guess they can afford a decent budget. I guess it would be no different from watching a CGDCT show, but with a bit more action.

Are we at the point yet where we postpone the entire season? Which shows are actually still airing? It seems to be the good shows getting delayed aor far (with the exception of Boruto)

Are we at the point yet where we postpone the entire season? Which shows are actually still airing? It seems to be the good shows getting delayed aor far (with the exception of Boruto)
Only Ascendance of a Bookworm and My Next Life as a Villainess are safe from delays. Everything else is pretty much inevitable at this point.

A good time to dive into the backlog I'd say

I do feel next season is gonna get delays across the board at this point as you need to air this season stuff as well at some point and that would inevitably clash

The vast majority of this season's series are still airing at present - well under a fifth of the shows that started have announced any delays so far.

And I think there may actually be cases of shows that are being continued (for now) being ones that have deliberately compromised on technical quality in order to ensure that the show keeps airing for as long as possible. That's what I'm putting the obviously subpar graphical quality of Hachinantte down to anyway.

Back