The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Yeah that's why im excited. He also has a One-shot called For Our Farewell Is Near that was included with the VS omnibus's. Havent got round to reading it yet though.
Yeah, I noticed that it has a MAL entry when double checking my post. It's like a couple of pages per volume for the first 5 volumes. I was going add it to my list, but would have to read it again and in one go for a score as it was so spread out and a while ago now.
With VS I've left it at the end of the farmland arc for now as I guessed the anime wouldn't get that far.

Yeah, I noticed that it has a MAL entry when double checking my post. It's like a couple of pages per volume for the first 5 volumes. I was going add it to my list, but would have to read it again and in one go for a score as it was so spread out and a while ago now.
With VS I've left it at the end of the farmland arc for now as I guessed the anime wouldn't get that far.

That arc will be the 2nd season id imagine, assuming they ever do one. I still haven't starting watching the anime yet actually or Planetes for that matter!

I've really got to watch Planetes, it's been sitting in my anime collection for at least 5 years and is still sealed. After reading the synopsis and some of the comments on MAL, I think I'll be pushing it on my neighbors as a good one to watch this winter. I've pulled it off my shelf for them to look at next time they're over...

Can anyone tell me what the correct pronunciation of the title is? is it just Planets, Plan-ettes, Planet-tes, Planeets or something else?

Last edited:
Planetes was one of the first series I watched when it was on Anime Central. It's great, need to rewatch it at some point! It actually focuses a bit more on a different character to the one focused on in the manga.

I've always called PlanetES i.e. Planet E S, but using Google translate on the Japanese title:

So Pla-ne-tees according to the voice sample of the English translation.

The Greek they used on the cover of the manga is spelled and pronounced differently and translates to English as Planets:

I usually call it Pla-net-es myself but I've heard lots of people call it Planets or Plan-ettes. Not sure there's a right or wrong answer, only Yukimura knows!

Is there a difference between these? I suspect I’ve been pronouncing it much the same - I’d have said planet-ess, as in “Planet (brought to you by the letter) S”

I would personally class all of those as being as good as the same pronunciation in English, given the fuzziness accents introduce.

R

I was just watching the Glass Reflections Review of Planetes on Youtube and in the final credits he lists that he was told the proper pronunciation is Pla-ne-tees, so the Google translation pronunciation D1tchd1gger mentioned is probably the most correct.

I've always pronounced it as Plan-et-tes with the accent on the second syllable, I've just always wondered how it should be correctly pronounced. The world may never know, lol.

Last edited:
So out of nowhere Monster Girl Doctor (Monster Musume no Oishasan) is getting an anime. You can read the light novel source material via Seven Seas Entertainment.

EJQIKC6U4AAR6gg

Back