The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

I feel like Shirobako genuinely deserves the place, but there are certainly odd series missing. No Monogatari is shocking
It’s one of the most polarizing anime’s I know it didn’t sell well for sentai for example and I know more people who don’t like it than do. It’s 100% there cos of Miles’ Bias. Yes it’s there list but I would preferred it was a consenus of CR editors decisions top 100 probably top 25 no chance

SAO and pop team epic being on theses lists tsk tsk tsk

i'd say atleast that this list is missing Umaru-chan, Shimoneta, Chio's School Road and Assassination Classroom

After seeing the trailer for Weathering with You at the Promare screening, I thought I'd check the Showcase app:
Screenshot_20191126-211915.png
Can't book tickets yet, but I'm thinking of going to that double bill. Although it is my mother's birthday 🤔

Heh, the only ones in that list that would possibly make it into my Top 25 of the decade are

Attack on Titan
Fate/Zero
Made in Abyss
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
A Silent Voice
your name.

All that other popular stuff is mostly garbage to me, lol... :p

Of all the shows I've actually seen in the top 25 I think they'd all be in my top 100 though ReZero, Fate/Zero, Space Dandy wouldnt be in my top 25.

A Silent Voice would probably be my outright number 1 to be honest. I've watched that film many times, loved it every time and always cried. I dont think I'll ever get bored of watching it.

And? We've had inflation during a period of recession and I'm supposed to care of a 1% increase for them. Im sheding a tear oh no im not as we've stuff rise way higher than that during this period and probably this increased will just be passed onto us anyway.

Netflix self certify
Wait, so how does this work within the law? Is digital distribution exempt from the BBFC and if so, surely they have even less reason to exist? How the hell can the BBFC claim to be necessary when kids can just log into Netflix and watch 18 rated films the BBFC haven’t even approved for release?

And? We've had inflation during a period of recession and I'm supposed to care of a 1% increase for them. Im sheding a tear oh no im not as we've stuff rise way higher than that during this period and probably this increased will just be passed onto us anyway.
And? This is another nail in the coffin for physical media or don't you see that.

Nope, I think people will pay more for good sets. AoA still existing proves that. Physical is no longer for non collectors so I feel most collectors would be willing to pay the extra.

Nope, I think people will pay more for good sets. AoA still existing proves that. Physical is no longer for non collectors so I feel most collectors would be willing to pay the extra.
i'm not a collector and i prefer physical over digital but if it comes to paying $130+ for every release i wouldn't be watching it at all, i'm glad the £15-20 sets exist over here

You can see it in music. Vinyl is there for collectors mostly I can see BDs going that way. Well it is for example Twin Peaks the new 4K versions of Pilot and Return ep 8 are only in the CE

Oh ffs. Sorry I don’t like when business’ moan about inflation after a Recession. I don’t care what size they are they still are out for profit so they would take the hit or give it to us. Which I know what they will do and it’s not like we will even see a difference. And there’s a reason it’s not state owned otherwise people would constantly moan about state controlled censorship. And I moan about stuff that matters to me this doesn’t as I said I know the way Physical media is going yes the death articles are over the top and I have more problems with manga selectively choosing shows that I seem to hate over costs may increase. Or AL “adding value” that I dislike cough A3 posters cough CEs that are in name only imo.

Back