UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Well, GWG hates everything good and doesn’t care one bit about the production of anime. Willing to bet he never even saw it.

Exactly - I honestly won't argue at all with that statement. I pretty much hate 90% of all anime, and probably 98% of all popular anime. And yes, I watched a couple episodes of Shirobako and dropped it. One of my most favorite anime of last year was RErideD - how popular was that one? Not very. :p

I also love how the director is literally Seiji Mizushima. It's just a shame we never saw him go on any weirdly aggressively anti-imperialistic or American foreign policy rants like he does in many of his shows.
He does? Well that's maybe not that weird considering he's Japanese and, y'know, the US military is essentially still occupying his country after a war that ended over 70 years ago. /politics we have actual Americans here now, have to watch I don't get drone strike'd.
One of my most favorite anime of last year was RErideD - how popular was that one? Not very.
Speaking of, thanks for that my imperialist occupier American friend, I didn't even know ABe had worked on another series, will watch on the strength of his involvement alone.

I also love how the director is literally Seiji Mizushima. It's just a shame we never saw him go on any weirdly aggressively anti-imperialistic or American foreign policy rants like he does in many of his shows.
He did? (FMA 03 and Gundam 00 had some, but the rest?) Though I realize I probably just watched the most known titles from him.

Speaking of, thanks for that my imperialist occupier American friend, I didn't even know ABe had worked on another series, will watch on the strength of his involvement alone.
It's funny how this show hardly gets marketed as something like "from (one of the) the director(s) of Steins;Gate". That sure was the only reason that one even even got a faint signal on my radar...

The first set has 12 episodes on a single disc.

Yeah, Sentai had a brief spell of trying to cram ecchi shows and niche titles on to a single disk whenever possible. However, in the case of Shirobako at the very least, the quality turned out perfectly fine. Probably because it wasn't especially animation intensive. I recall Justin Sevakis in Answerman saying the disks turned out ok, & he's been known to be quite vocal against some of Sentai's earlier offerings (Penguindrum springs to mind)

He did? (FMA 03 and Gundam 00 had some, but the rest?) Though I realize I probably just watched the most known titles from him.

I've yet to see Gundam 00, but yeah, he was the guy that turned Hiromu Arakawa's vague but noticeable references to the Iraq War during FMA's Ishbalan Extermination Campaign arc into something far more direct and scathing. Un-Go & Concrete Revolutio also had incredibly strong anti-imperialism roots, accusing Japan of being ineffectual and corrupt lapdogs of the US. ConRevo is pretty much just Japanese Watchmen, so it digs quite deep into domestic events of the 60-70's (with an added superhuman twist of course).

It should be noted that FMA 2003, ConRevo & Un-Go were all written by Shō Aikawa, and judging by some of his other works he's likely the true instigator behind those messages. Either way, team those two up together and you'll definitely get something with an opinion.

Back