Relationships and Romance

I've always figured that age gaps matter a lot more when you're younger and then barely at all when you're older. I'm not sure I'd ever be with someone more than 5 years older/younger than me, but I'm not put off by the idea of others who might be in a relationship with someone younger/older either.
This pretty much sums up my opinion too, well put @Demelza

I've always figured that age gaps matter a lot more when you're younger and then barely at all when you're older. I'm not sure I'd ever be with someone more than 5 years older/younger than me, but I'm not put off by the idea of others who might be in a relationship with someone younger/older either.

I agree, it's definitely a lot weirder when you're younger. For example, your other half going to the pub with their friends because they're 18, while you may still be 16/17 and can't go with. It's a world of a difference in that case even though it may only be a one-year gap.

I agree, it's definitely a lot weirder when you're younger. For example, your other half going to the pub with their friends because they're 18, while you may still be 16/17 and can't go with. It's a world of a difference in that case even though it may only be a one-year gap.
I feel I have to nitpick here, let’s say it’s a pub specifically, like you mentioned above, there’s not really anything stopping the younger one going too. They might just have trouble buying an alcoholic beverage themselves.

I feel I have to nitpick here, let’s say it’s a pub specifically, like you mentioned above, there’s not really anything stopping the younger one going too. They might just have trouble buying an alcoholic beverage themselves.

That's fair, just one I experienced myself. Since it was a group of us out, because the rest of them were drinking, there was no guarantee that the ones who were of age weren't buying drinks for me - makes the bar staff twitchy (although this may have just been an issue where I'm from xD). That being said as well, I'm not personally a fan of being the lone sober soul when out with a group who are drinking, so I can't say it was the most enjoyable experience.

Some pubs also don't get under 18s in after a certain time from my experience. Whenever I go out on a Friday with friends both Wetherspoons and our local pub have IDs checked at the door.

I think it depends from person to person. Looking back on my dating history, all of my relationships have been with guys at least 2 years older than myself - the biggest age gap being 10 years. I have dated guys my own age of course, but I've always found that we're not really on the same wavelength. (I may be in my early 20s on the outside, but I'm actually 80 at heart).

I think it depends on what you're looking for in a relationship as well, and whether that person is 1) on the same page, and 2) whether you're happy with that person. If so, I don't think age differences really matter. (Provided it's all good and legal... :oops:)
*hands zimmerframe* your back must be in tatters!
I absolutely think that couples need the same wavelength, otherwise it's not really a relationship - they'd have to be able to talk after all and well, know certain unsaid things maybe, or things said once. It's not going to work either if both partners have a drastically different ideas of what a relationship is, they wouldn't know what they want it to be nor what they want from each other.
Just asking though anything currently? A few members are jotting down more relevant experience
I don't want to keep quote mining but a few people I hung out with brought me to the local Wetherspoons before, when I was 16. The guys working there found out how old I was and threw me, only me, out. I had to go back to college -.-

Why thank you! How kind. My poor back...
I agree - communication is key.

Hmm, now that is a question... I am currently in a long-term relationship - albeit a somewhat complicated one as of late - but I've been with my other half for about 4 years now.

Ouch, that sucks. I've never been thrown out of Spoons (because I'm oh so incredibly charming, of course), but I witnessed many who had.

Why thank you! How kind. My poor back...
I agree - communication is key.

Hmm, now that is a question... I am currently in a long-term relationship - albeit a somewhat complicated one as of late - but I've been with my other half for about 4 years now.

Ouch, that sucks. I've never been thrown out of Spoons (because I'm oh so incredibly charming, of course), but I witnessed many who had.
I have to ask blokes though? they wouldn't touch the girls, fluttering their eyebrows! whose to say a handsome young man wouldn't help business? life is youth after all!

Course the blokes xD it's a terribly sexist society we live in.

How did you know; fluttering my eyebrows is actually my speciality.

Course the blokes xD it's a terribly sexist society we live in.

How did you know; fluttering my eyebrows is actually my speciality.
you make it sound like a secret but women learn that all the time, it's like another part of puberty for them. I think I have heard since though in the middle of the day they won't throw out youngsters who ain't drinking, whether they're men or women

you make it sound like a secret but women learn that all the time, it's like another part of puberty for them. I think I have heard since though in the middle of the day they won't throw out youngsters who ain't drinking, whether they're men or women

Actually, we all get a pamphlet when the time comes with basic instructions on eyebrow-fluttering.

It's fine to go to the pub during the day and not drink, always been the same I think (or you can have an alcoholic drink with food as long as an adult is present I believe..?); just when it gets to primetime-drinking-time, the wee yins need to get going.

Actually, we all get a pamphlet when the time comes with basic instructions on eyebrow-fluttering.

It's fine to go to the pub during the day and not drink, always been the same I think (or you can have an alcoholic drink with food as long as an adult is present I believe..?); just when it gets to primetime-drinking-time, the wee yins need to get going.
well that time I said was midday, the guys were having lunch, but I didn't get anything.
another time though was in cardiff, I was about 20, my ID expired. I was with my brother while he met up with friends, same pub - wetherspoons and one of the girls working there saw my expired ID and just threw everyone out - me, my brother, my brother's friend and her friends. half of them had drinks too! it's ok if you don't want business I suppose

well that time I said was midday, the guys were having lunch, but I didn't get anything.
another time though was in cardiff, I was about 20, my ID expired. I was with my brother while he met up with friends, same pub - wetherspoons and one of the girls working there saw my expired ID and just threw everyone out - me, my brother, my brother's friend and her friends. half of them had drinks too! it's ok if you don't want business I suppose

Well that's just unfortunate! And weird... :s

Maybe I’ve been lucky but have never been kicked out of any pub, then again I also got served below age (quite below to be fair) in a certain pub so also didn’t run into that problem. Maybe I’ve just been lucky.

I've been thrown out of a club once for throwing ice cubes on people on the dancefloor when I was drunk and muchos younger.

Once I flew through the fire exit doors drunk dancing to the Klaxons and since they started remembering me since I was a partial regulars, they didn't throw me out or anything, just shut the doors again lol.

I've been thrown out of a club once for throwing ice cubes on people on the dancefloor when I was drunk and muchos younger.

Once I flew through the fire exit doors drunk dancing to the Klaxons and since they started remembering me since I was a partial regulars, they didn't throw me out or anything, just shut the doors again lol.
Throwing ice cubes is fun. Putting them under peoples clothes is more fun.

Disclaimer; don’t put ice cubes under strangers clothes. They probably won’t appreciate it.

This thread's getting derailed again, I feel I need to get it back on track...

❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤😻
❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤 😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤😻 ❤️ 🧡 💛 💚 💙 💜 🖤😻

There! ^^

@Phobos hope you had a nice Anniversary with your OH! 👍

@~AyaMachi~ that we did, all we did in the end was stay in and enjoy each other’s company. A day of just us where nothing else matters. (I also gave her a beauty & the beast figure as she likes beauty & the beast)

What do others generally do on an anniversary?

@~AyaMachi~ that we did, all we did in the end was stay in and enjoy each other’s company. A day of just us where nothing else matters. (I also gave her a beauty & the beast figure as she likes beauty & the beast)

What do others generally do on an anniversary?
Can't go wrong with Disney and that one's a classic! 👍

Hypothetically if I were celebrating an anniversary it would be the same as you - just spending time with your partner and appreciating your time together; the longevity of the relationship (even if it's only a relatively short time), just...not taking each other for granted and forgetting about everything else! Probably set up the consoles with some blankets to snuggle into and just Mario World the day away with Neil (if he still loves me by the time that happens)!

I do recall once going to Bodnant Gardens with ex#3 to celebrate 1 year...Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what we did...I do like heritage sites and gardens/nature reserves and stuff, so, that was nice, (though I wouldn't do that exclusively for an anniversary!)

I'm not one for fancy wining and dining or overly romantic gestures though (flowers; cuddly toys; choccies etc). I'm somewhat unorthadox in my ways so, the "classic" **** just won't do! ;)

Glad you both enjoyed :)

@~AyaMachi~ i also like my heritage sites, I generally leave them as incorporations into holidays or days out rather than as a specific event. Although I can see the appeal of going to one taking a blanket and just having a bit of a snuggle whilst you’re there. What’s the most recent site you went to? For me it’s Whitby abbey as we had a holiday close by.

I am also similar in the typical romantic gifts, I’m not a big giver of flowers (can count the times I’ve bought my partner some on one hand) chocolate on the other hand, we both like chocolate so I’m more liable to buy that albeit just going to Poundland and loading a basket up with whatever I can find or popping around the local shop. It’s for snacking when we fancy some so no need for exorbitantly priced stuff.

Back