UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Have both Love Live Sunshine Seasons 1 and 2 been confirmed by Anime Limited for Physical release, or just streaming via Crunchyroll? and will it be using different cover art over the American release?

Kinda don't want to buy the US set if Anime Limited have something planned
IMG_1031.PNG
Physical release

Physical release

Yep noticed that a while ago but with the recent Funimation splitting from Anime Limited and the TBC 2017 date now passed (unless it will be released in the next 27 days) I was just after an update. And I don't think I ever saw a mention of S2 physical before

I was mostly wondering if this is still a release that could happen and more importantly, will it be using the same assets for cover art as the US set

As to be honest, that Funimation Packaging looks genuinely awful

Yep noticed that a while ago but with the recent Funimation splitting from Anime Limited and the TBC 2017 date now passed (unless it will be released in the next 27 days) I was just after an update. And I don't think I ever saw a mention of S2 physical before

I was mostly wondering if this is still a release that could happen and more importantly, will it be using the same assets for cover art as the US set

Anime Limited didn't get Sunshine from Funimation, so while it will almost definitely be delayed for a long while, it should still see a physical release from them.

Yeah Funi put minimal effort into their release, a shame considering how nice the Love Live sets were

If it helps both King's Game and Love Live! Sunshine are separate from the Funimation deal (you can tell as the English dub versions aren't streaming on Funimation UK whereas the others are).

d1d5af0b40431ac0946c293b69e5900c809d7c2d_hq.gif

I have just finished watching A Silent Voice for the first time and it was incredible. One of the best films I have seen in a very long time and I'm simply left stunned (and still processing what I have just seen).

Thanks to team AL for bringing the film to the UK and introducing me to one of my new favourite films :)

I pulled the trigger on the Ping Pong and Tatami Galaxy set. Couldn't resist a saving of that size and I thoroughly enjoyed Ping Pong but didn't get round to owning it. As for Tatami Galaxy I've never seen it but it sounds interesting enough and based on Yuasa's other work It'll probably be up my street.
Going to pass on Genius party/GP Beyond though. Being an anthology I'm sure there will be at least a few shorts in each one I'm not too fond of.

I went for Genius Party. When I wrote the AUKN article for it I also had a look at what the director's previously worked on so I'm even more interested.

Going by the responses on here and on Discord I am probably the only one who went for this set.

Back