UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Aye, Gionanni, Hokusai and a second copy of Terror in Resonance for me~ The latter is quite a blast on price. I paid about twice for my own copy and I know just the right person to foist it onto~ (Though I think I wouldn't mind going the Jaygsba route to have a second copy for enshrinement either.)

Kind of surprised to see Eureka up there again. Wonder if that means there is hope for A Silent Voice to have a chance to appear too? Might not, given it's almost OOP, but I think I'll hold onto ordering them from Amazon in this case.

You pay 11.5 whether you buy one or buy the whole catalogue empty. Which is why I always try to rally a couple of co-orderers for an order.

Warehouses cost renting money. Sometimes it's cheaper to even pay for ditching the stuff into the trash than to keep it there any longer.

The UK are among the particular bad internationally, too. Several countries have specific rates for printed matter, the UK does not. UK's Royal Mail/Parcelforce EU shipping is even more expensive to Germany is as expensive as overseas shipping from the US to Germany. It's even twice almost twice if you want to send something from UK to US. I just recently discovered a cheaper way to send within Europe from the UK, but I have not seen any shop offering that option or using it all that much either.
It's kind of mindblogging when you start to consider the prices per distance. (The UK is less far away than the furtherest corner of Germany. USA and Japan are obviously even more far away.)

When I have bought directly from Anime Limited I have only bought one BD per order, I did not know that the shipping was the same regarless. I will rememebr that next time I order. Thanks for the info.

Tatami Galaxy is one of my favourite animes. I'm also torn about getting this bunduru. I have my copy for sale on the forum and on eBay, Could also get £14 (or £20 voucher) from CeX, but I'm honestly more interested in the posters than upgrading my Australian Ping Pong Blu Ray so I wonder if it's worth the effort

I'd like to potentially see more posters for sale on the AL store, even if I don't have anywhere to hang them atm ;)

Last edited:
Okay, so as you all know me being the mad man, I decided to make an attempt by predicting the Mystery Box for the Blu-ray one. We know that it's going to be a total of 7 titles, and it won't include the ones used in the 12 Days of Xmas sale.

My prediction is also based on these notes:
  • Any title used in last year's Mystery Box will not be included, with the exception of the DVD counterpart.
  • Out of Print titles won't be included, same goes for the ones 'Going Out of Print'.
  • Part 2 or sequel sets won't be included, because it makes zero sense to do so.
  • Won't include recent releases post-April 2017, similar to the rule last year.
The results are:
009 Re:Cyborg
Assassination Classroom (Season 1 Part 1)
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Blood Lad
The Case of Hana & Alice
Claymore
Eden of the East
Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (not) Alone
Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Illya
Fullmetal Alchemist (Part 1)
A Letter to Momo
Lord Marksman and Vanadis
Noein ~to your other self~
Ouran High School Host Club
Outlaw Star
Patema Inverted
Project Itoh: Harmony
Psychic School Wars
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise
Samurai Flamenco (Part 1)
Tokyo ESP
Your Lie in April (Part 1)
Absolutely won't be included:
Ajin: Demi-Human
ALDNOAH ZERO (Season 1)
Durarara!!x2 Shou
Durarara!!x2 Ten
Expelled From Paradise
Fuse
Gangsta.
Gundam (all of it)
HAL
Ping Pong the Animation
A Silent Voice
The Tatami Galaxy
Tokyo Ghoul: Jack & Pinto
Your Name
xaYS5X1.gif

Based on your theory there are six titles I don't have from that list. The odds don't seem stacked in my favour not to potentially get several duplicates. Yet the madman in me is getting it anyway.
IMG_1024.PNG
Meanwhile I'm trying to work out what the "something extra" is...

Last edited:
I have 2, but 1 is in DVD form from the Manga Force Collection.

What happened to the hunch that Psycho Pass season 2 might be in the box? I guess it's ruled out under sequels, but they don't have season 1.

There are only 6 titles I don't already own from that potential list...

Samurai Flamenco
Tokyo ESP

Don't think It's worth buying for me this year tbh. :(

Tatami Galaxy is one of my favourite animes. I'm also torn about getting this bunduru. I have my copy for sale on the forum and on eBay, but I doubt it'll sell before the deal ends. Could get £14 (or £20 voucher) from CeX, but I'm honestly more interested in the posters than upgrading my Australian Ping Pong Blu Ray so I wonder if it's worth the effort :oops:

I'd like to potentially see more posters for sale on the AL store, even if I don't have anywhere to hang them atm ;)
I decided that it was worth the effort. Damn posters ;)

Genius Party CE looks great, sure there isn't that much artwork but I'm pretty sure they said that there's limited artwork available. The booklet sounds interesting.

Might consider this for Christmas but I think I could order it on my own.

Ah, it had totally passed me by that Genius Party was coming out so soon. Will there be any on-disc extras?

No on-disc extras, it's really all about the book on this one, which is a fantastic tome that translates everything in the Japanese release so it's packed with lots of great information!

(That said, there are also some great shorts in both anthologies too which makes it worth a punt in my admittedly biased opinion!)

I remember watching half of the shorts on a German Arthouse DVD and some shorts of Beyond on some arthouse channel broadcast years ago. Quite liked the Baby Blue short, very nice Coming of Age piece, but the others really weren't my cup of tea.

Hm, how do I justify to myself to get this only for one single short.
(Too bad it's also a digipack combo, too... So either ugly holes or having unused discs inside. Hm.)

Another pass for me, and now I've woke up I really regret not picking up that bundle yesterday ;_; oh well.
My prediction is also based on these notes:
  • Any title used in last year's Mystery Box will not be included, with the exception of the DVD counterpart.
  • Out of Print titles won't be included, same goes for the ones 'Going Out of Print'.
  • Part 2 or sequel sets won't be included, because it makes zero sense to do so.
  • Won't include recent releases post-April 2017, similar to the rule last year.
The results are:
Assassination Classroom (Season 1 Part 1)
Blood Blockade Battlefront
Blood Lad
The Case of Hana & Alice
Claymore
Eden of the East
Evangelion: 1.11 You Are (not) Alone
Fullmetal Alchemist (Part 1)
A Letter to Momo
Noein ~to your other self~
Ouran High School Host Club
Outlaw Star
Patema Inverted
Psychic School Wars
Rage of Bahamut: Genesis
Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honneamise
Samurai Flamenco (Part 1)
Tokyo ESP
Your Lie in April (Part 1)
You know looking at that list, I might pick one up after all, although I do have a few of the things in it.

No on-disc extras, it's really all about the book on this one, which is a fantastic tome that translates everything in the Japanese release so it's packed with lots of great information!

(That said, there are also some great shorts in both anthologies too which makes it worth a punt in my admittedly biased opinion!)

Cheers, I managed to catch both Genius Parties when they were up on Netflix and loved them a lot. Baby Blue might be the best thing Watanabe's ever done, and Shanghai Dragon is amazing.

Have both Love Live Sunshine Seasons 1 and 2 been confirmed by Anime Limited for Physical release, or just streaming via Crunchyroll? and will it be using different cover art over the American release?

Kinda don't want to buy the US set if Anime Limited have something planned

Back