The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Seems MCM are pulling the plug on their Northern Ireland event and also apparently the Republic of Ireland event.

No great loss tbh as there was a severe lack of traders and activities at these events. While they had good guests a comic con/expo needs more than that.

Edit: Seems the Telford and Liverpool events are also being axed.

Last edited:
I feel like they've really been on the ball with the whole kickstarter thing. I've been very happy with how all the projects I've pledged for have turned out, so will also be throwing money at this one.

Might pick that up. I have the old ADV DVD but the animation is fantastic, it'll really shine on Blu Ray. Just a shame I hadn't seen it when Riding Bean was up on KS, kinda regret missing out now.

Ouch. Whilst that's cool and all, $30 for less than an hour of anime in a basic package? That's kinda absurd...
It evens out a bit. The price was $25 on the Kickstarter, plus $20 for shipping. It is now $30 plus $18 shipping.

You could see if someone will part with the error disc, each copy also came with a disc that was mislabelled as a dvd.

Back