UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

I sent Base an email asking how an item that is up for pre-order can be sold out, I got this response.

Why couldn't they have just said that in the first place?

My guess is their system only allows them to cancel orders in certain ways, and they cancelled the order using an imperfect means, thus an imperfect email was automatically sent out.

High School of the Dead + OVA on DVD, £3.99 instore at HMV.

Wandered into HMV Bromley today, 3 shelves of DVDs, half a shelf of Ghibli Blu-rays, half a shelf of other anime Blu-rays. But, they had Studiocanal's Boy and the Beast at #8 in the new release chart.
Is the OVA dubbed on this release? I picked up the sub only convention release they did, but for that price I'm willing to upgrade :)

MVM's deliciously DVD-tacular deal of the week is Captain Earth. Which I coinkidinkally did some Youtubery about a while back.

For a tenner, it's probably worth a punt for those curious about the show.

Is the OVA dubbed on this release? I picked up the sub only convention release they did, but for that price I'm willing to upgrade :)

That collection just contains the original release with the OVA (which was released before the US dubbed version and there was never any updated version made).

Last edited:
The Hosoda Collection Collectors Editions are currently £22.49 on Mangauk.com down from RRP of £29.99 and cheaper than Amazons £24.99 or £22.99 for Zavvi.

Hosoda Collection: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time Blu-ray Collector’s Edition | MangaUK

Hosoda Collection: Wolf Children Blu-ray Collector’s Edition | MangaUK

Hosoda Collection: Summer Wars Blu-ray Collector s Edition | MangaUK

I've gone for TGWLTT and Wolf Children. Shipping came up as free.
Currently £20.99 on Anime-On-Line.

I'm sure the ranma ova set has been a part of the "deal grabber" deals for about a month now.
It wasn't when I ordered it on 22nd August along with Jojo's Bizarre Adventures since they had a 15% off code going... Think it was added to the "deal grabber" a week or so after I ordered

MVM's deal of the Week is Ambition of Oda Nobuna for £9.99.

Good example f a show I'd spring for for a tenner on DVD. Not fussed about having it in HD for more monies.

If anyone's interested in Ambition of Oda Nobuna, i'm currently selling the MVM Blu-ray on my sale thread for just a few £ more than the DVD MVM have in their DOTW ;)

The dub on it is pretty good, Sentai dubs have been good for the past few years, it's when you go 3-5 years back when they get a bit bad.

so do deepdiscount orders come through customs free?
Yep, both Jojo and Ranma 1/2 came reshipped for me-I'm not sure about bigger items and multiple items being sent in one bigger package though. However, since I have one of each coming soon, I'll reply to this post to inform of any customs duties (or lack thereof)

Back