UK Anime Blu-ray & DVD Bargains

Amazon wouldn't let me cancel my YN order (something about a multi-buy promotion, which I don't remember using) which left me feeling a bit miffed, but now I guess I was actually lucky.

Doesn't change the fact that it's annoying when these things are too good to be true.

Ditto. Luckily I hadn't got around to cancelling my £20 Amazon pre order! Which I'm now thinking I'll give to my brother and get the deluxe/ actual collector's edition when they eventually show it off. Hoping for a £30 - £35 price point but going on the silent voice srp thinking that's a pipe dream...

DAMN! Same story here! Surely it can't be too hard to keep track of stock and know if you actually have enough of the product to sell someone or not. Not a good impression for a first order....

Scum bags. I used to preorder from base a lot and those kind of undercut prices aren't that unusual (I've preordered some 1 & 2 cour series from them for £18 in the past.) I doubt I'll ever risk preordering with them again now.

Scum bags. I used to preorder from base a lot and those kind of undercut prices aren't that unusual (I've preordered some 1 & 2 cour series from them for £18 in the past.) I doubt I'll ever risk preordering with them again now.
Before this the last time I ordered from Base was a pre order of Final Fantasy XV... it showed up a week and a half after release day. After this never again!!!

I have preordered couple of games from base and they usually have shipped the games early so my preorder experiences with them have been positive. I have ordered tons of times from the and the only negative experiences have been what happened just now (mine was obviously cancelled too) and one time they mailed the wrong game.

Otherwise the store has been fast and reliable.

I sent Base an email asking how an item that is up for pre-order can be sold out, I got this response.

Hi,

We are very sorry but the email that you received was incorrect. Please find the correct email below:

We have cancelled your order for: Your Name Collector's Edition Steelbook (Blu-ray + DVD+CD) as this product has been sold at an incorrect price based on the wrong information received from our supplier.

Please accept our apologies for this. If you have other items on your order these will be unaffected.

Please note that we have not charged you for this order.

Kind regards,
Amy
Customer Services

Why couldn't they have just said that in the first place?

If they had just sent this message in the first place...
Aside from this I've also had no issues with Base so I'll keep using them. ShopTo are also a go to for cheap games.

Back