UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

So uh, for the uneducated among us, why did the name get changed exactly?

Because apparently, in Japan a product for the series (I think it was a drama CD?) uses the name Funimation went with. Literally every other English license for the series, for the novels and manga, have it as Grimgar of Fantasy & Ash though so it's only Funimation that decided to run with the name...

Because apparently, in Japan a product for the series (I think it was a drama CD?) uses the name Funimation went with. Literally every other English license for the series, for the novels and manga, have it as Grimgar of Fantasy & Ash though so it's only Funimation that decided to run with the name...

The CDs use it, and on the Blu-ray releases in JP they have the FUNi title in French as a subtitle on the packaging.

The CDs use it, and on the Blu-ray releases in JP they have the FUNi title in French as a subtitle on the packaging.

Ahh I see. Even if it's used in Japan it has just made this whole thing very disjointed though, as if you're reading the light novels or buying the manga it's a totally different name >_<

@anime_andrew do you guys have the GITS SAC licence in the UK or is it still with Manga?

I'm about to buy the French ultimate edition but the possibility of a UK one with the missing OST and the Solid State Society movie (which they wanted to include but weren't able to because, apparently, no one knows who has the rights to it in France) makes me rethink things.

Thanks

Ahh I see. Even if it's used in Japan it has just made this whole thing very disjointed though, as if you're reading the light novels or buying the manga it's a totally different name >_<

One Funi staffer tweeted that they were forced to change it, then another replied saying that wasn't entirely true. It also wasn't changed when Funi added it to Crunchyroll, so clearly it wasn't that important.

I wouldn't let Funi off the hook for screwing over Yen Press and J-Novel Club.

Am I the only one not that bothered by the name change? I like consistency too, but both are clearly translations of the exact same phrase. One retains the Japanese sentence structure better, one sounds better (IMO) if you have no idea what the series is about.

Having said that, I always just call it 'Grimgar' lazily...

Tangentially, if they're localising in the first place, I wish they would change more names to flow better in English sometimes. Thinking of Fireworks, Should We See It from the Side or the Bottom?, and And You Thought There is Never a Girl Online? - both of them make me twitch horribly.

(I'll split this discussion off if it continues to run so we don't derail too much.)

R

@anime_andrew I saw that the description for the wolf's rain bluray says it's going to be episodes 1-26 but doesn't mention the 4 OVA's for it. is it really not going to contain those OVA's?

I'm 100% sure that Anime Limited's Blu-ray release will be using the Funimation masters (as Funimation themselves created the upscaled Blu-ray transfer). Funi's release has 4 BD discs to cover all 30 episodes (1-9, 10-18, 19-27, 28-30 + Extras) so AL will follow suit with theirs.

More turned up.

Ajin: Demi-Human: Complete Season 1 & Movie 1 (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] - SRP: £59.99
Ajin: Demi-Human: Complete Season 1 & Movie 1 (Standard Edition) [DVD] - SRP: £29.99
Chrono Crusade: Complete Series [DVD] - SRP: £34.99
Dimension W: Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] - SRP: £59.99
Dimension W: Complete Series (Standard Edition) [DVD] - SRP: £29.99
Fairy Tail: Part 20 [DVD] - SRP: £24.99
Lupin the Third: Part IV: Part 1 (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] - SRP: £59.99
Pigtails and Other Shorts: Production I.G Compilation Shorts Collection [Blu-ray & DVD] - SRP: £24.99
Princess Arete [Blu-ray] - SRP: £19.99
Princess Arete [DVD] - SRP: £17.99
Riddle Story of Devil: Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] - SRP: £59.99
Riddle Story of Devil: Complete Series (Standard Edition) [DVD] - SRP: £24.99
Wolf's Rain: Complete Series (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray] - SRP: £59.99
Wolf's Rain: Complete Series (Standard Edition) [Blu-ray] - SRP: £39.99

Missing:

Assassination Classroom: Season 2 Part 2 (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]
Assassination Classroom: Season 2 Part 2 (Standard Edition) [DVD]
Eureka Seven: Complete Series (Ultimate Edition) [Blu-ray]
Eureka Seven: Part 1 (Standard Edition) [Blu-ray]
Eureka Seven: Part 2 (Standard Edition) [Blu-ray]
Hyouka: Part 1 (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]
Hyouka: Part 1 (Standard Edition) [DVD]
Love Live! Sunshine!!: Complete Season 1 (Collector's Edition) [Blu-ray]
Love Live! Sunshine!!: Complete Season 1 (Standard Edition) [DVD]
Mobile Suit Gundam ZZ: Part 2 (1000 Print Edition) [Blu-ray]
NINJA SLAYER FROM ANIMATION: Complete Series [Blu-ray & DVD]
Tokyo Ghoul: Complete Seasons 1, 2 & OVAs [Blu-ray]

It's funny they added a listing for Lupin Part IV when it's clearly in a sort of confusion at the moment (just to recap: Discotek are planning 2 complete series sets; one for dub and one for sub).

Yeah the Lupin thing is weird. I'm really surprised Discotek chose to dub the Italian cut of the series, I suppose TMS may have made that part of the deal. As a Lupin fanboy these days it means I'll be buying Part IV twice.

Crazy thing is if Discotek also release Lupin The Italian Game Special sometime then that will make 3 times they have released parts of Lupin Part IV as the Special is a condensed version of the early episodes of the series (which I found out to my dismay after I watched the special before having seen the TV series)

£17.49 for Pigtails, is this the only sku for Pigtails planned because if it is I might just pre-order (even-though I hate paying upfront!)

Anime Limited Store Pre-order deals:

Aldnoah.Zero Part 1 - Standard (Blu-Ray)
SRP: £34.99
Pre-order Price: £24.49

Aldnoah.Zero Part 2 - Standard (Blu-Ray)

Grimgar: Ashes & Illusions: Blu-ray Ltd. Collector's Ed
SRP: £59.99
Pre-order Price: £41.99

Grimgar: Ashes & Illusions - DVD
SRP: £29.99
Pre-order Price: £20.99

Gangsta - DVD

Gangsta - Blu-ray Ltd Collector's Ed.

Durarara!!X2 Ketsu - Blu-ray Ltd. Collector's Ed.

Durarara!! X2 Ketsu - DVD

Erased: Part 2 - Blu-ray+DVD Ltd Collector's Ed.
SRP: £39.99
Pre-order Price: £27.99

Erased: Part 2 – DVD

Peacemaker Kurogane - Complete (DVD)

Testament of Sister New Devil: Part 1 - Blu-ray Ltd. Collector's Ed.

Testament of Sister New Devil: Part 1 - DVD

AJIN - Season 1 - Blu-Ray Ltd Collectors Ed.

Pre-order Price: £44.99

AJIN Season 1 - Standard (DVD)

Wolfs Rain - Standard Blu-Ray

SRP: £39.99
Pre-order Price: £27.99

Wolfs Rain - Blu-Ray Ltd. Collectors Ed.

Pre-order Price: £44.99

Chrono Crusade - Complete (DVD)

Pigtails and Other Shorts - Standard (Blu-Ray + DVD)

SRP: £24.99
Pre-order price: £17.49

Lupin III (2015) - Part 1 - Blu-Ray Ltd. Collectors Ed.

Riddle Story of Devil - Blu-Ray Ltd. Collectors Ed.

Dimension W - Blu-Ray Ltd. Collectors Ed.

Dimension W - Standard (DVD)

Riddle Story of Devil - Standard (DVD)

Pre-order Price: £17.49

Fairy Tail: Part 20 – DVD

Pre-order Price: £17.49

Some of these prices seem pretty decently discounted from srp and I wasn't sure what the difference was between these prices and an early bird, or if these were in lieu of those so I thought that I'd post them, I'm not knowledgeable in regards to how AL conduct their pre-orders!

Back