UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Some of these prices seem pretty decently discounted from srp and I wasn't sure what the difference was between these prices and an early bird, or if these were in lieu of those so I thought that I'd post them, I'm not knowledgeable in regards to how AL conduct their pre-orders!

Early Bird prices occur just before release and only run for 2 or 3 days, and offer and even greater discount over those on the store. It mostly only applies to the BD CE releases, the DVD SEs likely won't.

Riddle Story of Devil - finally! i've had it on preorder from Amazon since July last year when it was £19.99:D

I would lower your expectations, it sounds like someone just decided to take a quick look at the Amazon listings and decided to copy/paste them by the looks of it.

EDIT: Just to clarify, really the only two titles that won't be here this year are pretty much Lupin the Third Part IV and Riddle Story of Devil, and perhaps the Tokyo Ghoul collection.

Last edited:
Why reluctantly? Discotek are awesome! :p

Nothing against Discotek, I've already got all the Lupin movies they've released. I'm region-free but I always prefer to buy domestic if I can, and the AL package would likely be nicer. But, being sub-only is a major turn off. I can live with it if no dub exists, but in this instance, where one does exist, it's just too big a tick in Discotek's box.

I'm unsure if people are aware but Diskotek are doing two releases, one that's sub only and one that's dub only, as the dub is based off of the Italian version, not the Japanese version, so even if you do go US, you're stuck with one language track unless you buy both releases.

Last edited:
Sub-only is definitely the better choice over dub-only for me, though it's a strange arrangement either way. I presume the fault lies with the Japanese side and everything else has just trickled through as a result of that decision.

R

Because I'm very good at reminding people, I decided to remind folks that it has been 11 months since Kiss Him Not Me was released but we never managed to get the promised Crunchyroll simulcast/catalog stream after all this time. It's never clear who's side is to blame at this point (in the end it's both).

Honestly I would just ignore Crunchyroll and just place the title on a different service at this point.

Because I'm very good at reminding people, I decided to remind folks that it has been 11 months since Kiss Him Not Me was released but we never managed to get the promised Crunchyroll simulcast/catalog stream after all this time. It's never clear who's side is to blame at this point (in the end it's both).

Honestly I would just ignore Crunchyroll and just place the title on a different service at this point.

Eh, I'll tell them to cancel activating it then :D! In all seriousness, no idea what happened with it - but it's in the list now for UK activation. Just waiting to confirm a date it'll go live.

(Personally I don't really care about blame on it, just sorting it out there and better late than never).

AP

Dicotek can have my money then.

Well you do realise the dubbed version isn't due out until after Toonami in the USA for starters?

Secondly who's to say we're not looking into what to be done there - I just have my staff put the most negative scenario until I can confirm what is going on. Simply put in the UK there is insufficient demand for a dub only BD on it's own though so we're looking at what we can do just now but can't confirm anything on that frontier of yet :).

In short - just because it's listed as sub only doesn't mean it will be. It's also not a binding promise from me for the reverse yet until I hear back from authoring :).

Packaging is off to approval though and looks really good here though!

Best,

AP

Well you do realise the dubbed version isn't due out until after Toonami in the USA for starters?

Secondly who's to say we're not looking into what to be done there - I just have my staff put the most negative scenario until I can confirm what is going on. Simply put in the UK there is insufficient demand for a dub only BD on it's own though so we're looking at what we can do just now but can't confirm anything on that frontier of yet :).

In short - just because it's listed as sub only doesn't mean it will be. It's also not a binding promise from me for the reverse yet until I hear back from authoring :).

Packaging is off to approval though and looks really good here though!

Best,

AP

Appreciate that approach, and as time is on my side I'll definitely wait to see what the respective specs for the various sets are.

Unfortunately, my rather annoying viewing habit around Anime is that I tend to watch the majority of it while I'm doing other things, hence its easier to catch what's going on with a dub than it would be subbed. I know it's a terrible habit, but I'm too long in the tooth to change that now! :oops:

As ever though, all things equal, domestic, and AL in particular, will always be my preference.

I'm unsure if people are aware but Diskotek are doing two releases, one that's sub only and one that's dub only, as the dub is based off of the Italian version, not the Japanese version, so even if you do go US, you're stuck with one language track unless you buy both releases.

would be Nice if i could watch it subbed and Dubbed with th JP OST rather then the IT one :eek:

Sorry to ask again so soon @anime_andrew but any news on inner box replacements for the Escaflowne UE? It has been a long time since I was put on a list to receive one. I've even moved house since then.

I'll answer this one :)
Is 100% still on the to-do list, don't worry. I know it's taking/taken far longer than we intended, but trust me we haven't forgotten and it still planned to happen :)

Back