UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

Guys, just to put this out there. We're trying to fulfil these as quickly as we can but when you literally have hundreds of orders to fulfil there's only so much time in a day. But the fact remains, we got stock earlier than anticipated so we've started shipping it early :)

You'll get your copies soon enough if you've ordered it. Nothing to worry about :)

From the non-UK artwork thread...

Who says we aren't? They're using a book that was printed 2 years after I re-released so the assets only became available recently.

If you follow the logic too from me - it's the 20th Anniversary of the film and all so we have things in the pipeline for Q4 this year for Perfect Blue :).

AP

Interesting news! The current release has always left me wanting...something more. I suppose that a new scan might be too much to ask for, but there is plenty great material for a book - I think a translation of Kon's written record of Perfect Blue's production would be top of my list, but I see that the French release that Andrew's referencing includes the storyboard which would also be interesting.

And if the rights issues haven't resolved with the audio commentary and lecture on the Japanese release in the intervening years, it would be cool if AL could get some critical input. Tony Zhou's video essay on Kon is brilliant. Darren Aronofsky audio commentary? :p

I love Eureka Seven but I wish they'd just let it live as it is now. The first film was absolute trash, and I can't bring myself to watch AO after what I've heard about it.

It sounds like this will show the first Summer of Love, which really doesn't need to be shown, its better as being this vague idea that the audience can picture themselves, then re-do bits of the series and culminate with a new ending. I don't see why any of that needs to happen. Yeah, the ending of E7 isn't perfect, but it just needs to stand as it is.

Back