UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

That is Nozomi's trailer for the Blu-ray! I'm really hoping that it does a Nadesico and comes to the UK too.

That series was such a gem. The best thing to come out of Anime no Chikara. I'm so gutted that it's not on Crunchyroll anymore, and I would love a collector's BD if Anime LTD decided to do one. I bet there's some wonderful art available to use for the box (some artwork from that gorgeous opening springs to mind). I am aware that it's available on Viewster now in the UK, but I'd really like to have it ad free in HD, so a Blu-ray would be ideal. I refuse to pirate anything anymore, so I'll hope this gets a nice release in the future.

One I would absolutely love to see get the Anime Limited treatment is Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Sentai are working on a release of that at the moment, but if I got an inkling that Anime LTD could obtain it for a subsequent release then I'd totally hold off and not import the set that Sentai are eventually gonna bring out. Though, 110 episodes is a huge undertaking, so I'd understand if this wasn't feasible. I reckon that with the sheer scope of that show though, it is definite Ultimate Edition material. I feel kinda guilty that the only way I was able to watch this show was to pirate it, and I refuse to watch it again until I have bought an official release to make up for it. It kills me that one of my favourite shows is not (yet) available in an official form (outside of buying the Japanese BDs, but I believe they don't have subs).

Is there anyway Gundam fans can get confirmation from AL on the situation with the rest of the titles and their release?

1. Do we know when ZZ and Turn A are going to be released?
2. Beyond there two titles, can we expect to see AL release the other Gundam shows here in the UK?

Reason I ask is because I think we've been quite patient and right now it's a question of, should I wait for a UK release with nice extras or, should I assume nothing will be released in the UK beyond ZZ and Turn A so shouldn't bother waiting?

To be honest, with the increasing evidence that the government Brexit plan is to crash us out of every single body of European cooperation I'm not too positive about Gundam's chances (if not the UK anime market in general). A franchise that apparently isn't hitting the numbers here Sunrise wants, the fact discs are manufactured on the continent and the very real possibility even basic living is about to become very hard here means personally I can see Gundam being a victim of this whole stupid mess.

At the same time I'm not a business man and am clearly far too emotionally invested in this specific case.

Fun fact: Beez's DVD has a typo in the logo.

Us98TUf.jpg

Sofu no Woto.

Is there anyway Gundam fans can get confirmation from AL on the situation with the rest of the titles and their release?

1. Do we know when ZZ and Turn A are going to be released?
2. Beyond there two titles, can we expect to see AL release the other Gundam shows here in the UK?

Reason I ask is because I think we've been quite patient and right now it's a question of, should I wait for a UK release with nice extras or, should I assume nothing will be released in the UK beyond ZZ and Turn A so shouldn't bother waiting?

1. Will be back soon, gotta get through the planning first but working on it :).

2. I'm meeting Sunrise in a week or two to discuss Gundam plans for the year - so you can assume things are happening still :)!

Best,

AP

Please Sir, can you sneak Ideon into that meeting? :oops::p

I'm really hopeful that Sunrise are going to release non Gundam Mecha series once they are done getting all of Gundam out. The signs are there as Vifam, Heavy Metal L-Gaim and Aura Battler Dunbine are available in the US on Daisuki for streaming.

If I have it right, I think Anime Limited are the only UK distributor who haven't delved into the live action Asian film market yet...

So I have a question for Andrew - is this something you guys can see yourself doing in the near future?

I'm really hopeful that Sunrise are going to release non Gundam Mecha series once they are done getting all of Gundam out. The signs are there as Vifam, Heavy Metal L-Gaim and Aura Battler Dunbine are available in the US on Daisuki for streaming.

You can add Banner / Crest of the stars to that list. Funi have the US rights so it may depend on what they do with it.

Back