UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I loved the anime, Clementine's VA was god tier.
Big Spoiler:
the lead up to her death by hug was voiced immaculately
...& it's gone down as one of my all time favorite performances.
Saying that, the light novel's are much better. There was a definite rush in the adaption, particularly in the final arc of the show (third book). I'd heavily recommend the novel's to anyone who enjoyed the show.

Orders on AL's webshop generally ship via anime-on-line.com/MVM, right?
That sort of makes me wonder why there is such a huge difference in shipping rates for international orders. AOL has a per item rate, while AL's webshop seems to have a fixed rate, which for me, for a single item, is more than fivefold that of AOL.

Now I don't want to sound whiny, but seeing a slight trend of store exclusives, this sort of discourages me.

Orders on AL's webshop generally ship via anime-on-line.com/MVM, right?
That sort of makes me wonder why there is such a huge difference in shipping rates for international orders. AOL has a per item rate, while AL's webshop seems to have a fixed rate, which for me, for a single item, is more than fivefold that of AOL.

If I had to guess I'd say it was a limitation of the "shopping basket" technology AL use. It looks like an off the shelf product which may be limited in terms of what you can do to combine shipping on items. AOL's looks like a custom front-end (or possibly off the shelf but very heavily customised) which gives them a lot more flexibility in terms of what they can do.

Combine that with the cost to implement a custom front end and compare that to the volume (based on selection available) for the two shops and it seems (to me at least) to add up.

You know before my last comment I actually went and looked at that very newswire and still didn't see it lol one of them days. Thanks for the info.
Hope the delay means that where actually getting some art on the Erased artbox
I like how plain that looks tbh.... I'm assuming/hoping the delay is more to get the price down to something more sensible....perhaps wishful thinking on my part though.

You know before my last comment I actually went and looked at that very newswire and still didn't see it lol one of them days. Thanks for the info.

I like how plain that looks tbh.... I'm assuming/hoping the delay is more to get the price down to something more sensible....perhaps wishful thinking on my part though.
Hope your right about the price don't see how they can justify that price for 6 episodes

As far as I'm aware for ERASED - both parts are SRP £39.99 (and should be around £27.99 each once discounted on sites like MVM's AOL). The original plan for Part 1's CE was to mirror the US set but apparently they weren't allowed access to the OST and Manga, so instead we're getting the booklets translated from Japan. As such the SRP will be reduced but the retailers haven't even updated it ever since - Part 2 however did.

Charlotte is also at a decent SRP with £34.99 per set (and currently £24.49 per set on MVM's AOL).

Normal human in HMV sees the all white Erased cover "This looks boring" puts back on shelf "oh look something Ghibli" buys that instead.

As nice as the plain 'arty' cover is the ignorant masses are just that, ignorant. If they wanna rack up some blind buys people are stupid and need visual aids :p

(On the down side even if AL went with the plain cover they'd probably still get hit with "approval" delays):D

One problem, HMC doesn't really sell many AL collectors editons, so oppeasing that market seems silly

True.
I rarely see anything from AL or MVM. It's primarily Studio Canal & Manga.

Might be good for AL (& MVM) to see if they could get some sort of fancy deal going like Manga do, unless that's stepping on some toes....

Could someone at Anime Limited please tell me if the replacement disc for Escaflowne Ultimate Edition are still being fulfilled?

My friend in the UK have received his replacement disc a week ago.

I have received nothing yet, not even an email update on the process.

Could someone at Anime Limited please tell me if the replacement disc for Escaflowne Ultimate Edition are still being fulfilled?

My friend in the UK have received his replacement disc a week ago.

I have received nothing yet, not even an email update on the process.

They are being sent in waves. If you have either ordered from AL, or submitted a replacement request then you will be in one of the waves. You will get an email when your replacement disc has been shipped.

Just received an email stating that my Escaflowne replacement disc has shipped. Check your emails if you are still waiting for the replacement disc.
I got my email last Friday, and I'm still waiting for the replacement disc. Got to leave it until Tuesday before I can email Jeremy about it not arriving though.

Back