UK Anime Distributor Anime Limited Discussion Thread

I didn't have this at all (I saw it at BFI though). Is it widespread or a problem with the particular cinema's setup?

R

Definitely a cinema setup issue, the DCP is tested and DCI compliant - just some projectors have a hard time managing subs at top & bottom as it's only a Japanese thing really (which projectors aren't meant to do in cinemas based on how they render subs).

The more you know!

Best,

AP

Firstly you can pre-order our upcoming (and much delayed) DVD release of Nerima Daikon Brothers! This was originally schedule to come out in 2013, so to commemorate the fact it arrives in just a few weeks time on 12th December, you can pre-order until Monday for only £20.13!
I see what you did there.

@anime_andrew RE: The mystery box; Will the titles be handpicked by staff members? If so, would it be possible to tell you what we already have to avoid getting doubles. I'd rather not spend £40 only to find out I have 4/5 of the shows in there.

Also, I sent an email regarding the tight YLIA box that you mentioned on Twitter a couple of days back and still haven't got a response. I just sent it via the AL contact form on the site, did I send it to the wrong place?

@anime_andrew RE: The mystery box; Will the titles be handpicked by staff members? If so, would it be possible to tell you what we already have to avoid getting doubles. I'd rather not spend £40 only to find out I have 4/5 of the shows in there.

Also, I sent an email regarding the tight YLIA box that you mentioned on Twitter a couple of days back and still haven't got a response. I just sent it via the AL contact form on the site, did I send it to the wrong place?

Isn't the fun of the Mystery
Box the risk involved?

@anime_andrew in regards to the mystery box, will it be around for the whole 12 days of Christmas sale or will it be a limited quantity? I feel like it's the kind of thing I'd love to consider after seeing what the whole 12 days of sales have to offer and then if there isn't anything I truly want I could take a punt on the box. :)

I want to do this mystery box. I hope I can sort the money out.

Do we get told who picked each item or do we get also get a fun guessing game?

Last edited:
Huh, a mystery box sounds kinda cool, knowing my luck it would all be things I have though...or worse, things I don't and have zero interest in....I'm not sure if that's actually worse, probably the same.... I may grab one anyway as eBay is a thing so if it's all stuff I don't want then meh, but surely I'd like something.

Anyway hoping for Noein and Terror in Resonance UE deals, shame Psycho Pass Season 2 is beyond the cut off point though as it would have been top of my wish list as I'm not paying the current asking price but need it for completion sake. I'll be curious to see what the pre-order deals are too, wasn't expecting them to be part of the promotion.

Last edited:
"All offers will be for UK & Ireland residents only. No exceptions."

@anime_andrew Could you tell me the reason for this exclusion? I live in the Netherlands and since we don't have any publishers here anymore we have to import everything. You do ship abroad, so why not during the 12 Days of Christmas?

I live in the Netherlands and since we don't have any publishers here anymore we have to import everything. You do ship abroad, so why not during the 12 Days of Christmas?

I've bought something during their very first Christmas sales and that rule wasn't in place back then. I've always wondered why the sales were only for UK and Ireland in the following years.

Seeing as I own all but one title from AL prior to april this year, the mystery box will not be for me. That title is Tokyo ESP. watch it not be on sale and only appear as a mystery box title!

@IncendiaryLemon Im certain everyone will be getting the same five titles. Each member of staff will have just chosen one title for the mystery box prior to the sale. There is no custom mystery box for each shopper/avoiding duplicates of what you have.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Hey hey, just to acknowledge we've more than likely got it. Have literally only been back in the office a few days am trying to catchup on everything and get through my inbox asap too.
So don't worry you'll definitely get a response :)

Back