The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

So wait, is a complete Space Dandy standard edition being released in place of a S2 standard edition? That seems a bit of a dick move to people who bought the S1 standard edition already.

Especially after AL's webstore offer got a lot of people to buy the S1 standard edition.

Unless it's around £20 (as I paid for the S1 standard edition from AL themselves), or has something special, I'll wait.

Happy about Space Dandy getting a complete season 1 & 2 set, currently sitting at a good price too. It's a bit of a kick in the teeth to those who bought a standard edition of the first season though, I was gonna say I expect better from AL but I'm not sure if I do actually. :/

Pretty disappointed about Overlord not getting a collector's, considering some of the crap/choices they've put out in said format it's also kinda surprising too tbh. The price is decent enough, speaking of price did we ever hear back if the RRP of ERASED was being adjusted or not? Maybe not the place to ask.....

I think Andrew said something about matching US prices. It clearly didn't work, otherwise this second wave of Funi titles wouldn't be so cheap.
No, the price is matched without the slip.

Andrew said it would add £5 to the SRP to add the slip. Jerome later was asked about this and said it would probably take adding 2 chipboard boxes for Manga to increase the price that much.

I'm guessing part 2 of Space Dandy didn't sell well enough to justify a standard edition of it. So they just skipped straight to a standard edition of the whole thing. Looking at Amazon, the Part 1 CE is pretty much sold out, whereas Part 2 CE has 7 left in stock (and more on order) suggesting there's still plenty of stock of the Part 2 CE left knocking about in the wild. And at a current asking price of £65 per part, can't imagine many buying it at that price.

Some more have popped up

Standard Separate DVD & Blu for Funimation:
- Shomin Sample

Standard DVD & Collectors Edition Blu-Ray for Funimation:
- Assassination Classroom Season 2
- Prison School
- Noragami Aragoto

Anime Limited Standard Sets:
- Blood Lad on Blu

Anime Limited
- Gurren Lagann Movie Collection
- Black Butler Season 3 Collectors Blu & standard DVD

..probably be more added while I'm out.

So Feb 13th for AssClass Season 2 Part 1....guess that's okay, won't be watching it til I have it all though, I'm sure Persona 5 will be taking all my time anyway...also Noragami and Prison School get collector's but Overlord doesn't lol okay then.

Last edited:
I'll grab Shomin Sample because SILVER LINK.

It's a dick move having no standard Noragami Season 2 considering season 1 was standard-only over here.

Back