Your viewing journal

Kaichou wa Maid-sama ep 25 - eh, I guess I'll have to wait until next week to really give my opinion as this feels very much like a two parter to end the series. I really don't like Hinata, though, for whatever reason.

Kaichou wa Maid-sama episode 25 - I like Hinata on the other hand, sure he can be childish but I like his childhood backstory and his a nice guy. To be honest I feel that i'm not too bothered who Misaki picks.

Arakawa Under The Bridge episodes 11 - 13

Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu ep 10 - This was just too epic. Fuumo-fumo-fumo-fumo-fumoffu! Sousuke being so troubled by his new creation not selling well was genius (and having it be made in Belgium amused me for some reason). The last bit with the American news report was the icing on the cake.

Oh, and I thought I liked Ren a lot before, but also the daughter of a Yakuza boss? Love her too much now.

Seitokai Yakuindomo ep 12 -

N! T! R!
N! T! R!

Kotomi was the star this week, although I didn't think it was overall one of the funnier eps.

Fairy Tail ep 47 - Wow, great ep overall, considering how much of it was the fight between Laxus and Natsu. Lucy and Erza are two of the best female characters in a shounen fighting series ever. I'm starting to like Levy more, too. The end though... very cool, will be interesting to see what happens (like, the Master sacrificing himself to stop Laxus' Fairy Law, maybe).

Giant Killing ep 25 - BOOM! This Osaka match was one of the best "draw a match out over several episodes" arcs I think I've ever seen in a sports series, from the point of view of the actual sport being played. Next ep preview maybe suggests that it won't be the final ep next week, either? Which I thought it was going to be. I would certainly be pleased with more.

UraBoku ep 24 - When this show just goes OTT orchestral music + crazy light show, it really improves, so this week gets a thumbs up.

Mitsudomoe ep 12 - focus on some side characters this week, and boy did it work. I thought the opening story with Miyashita was one of the best segements of the series so far.

High School of the Dead episode 13 - I still don't understand why it was a EMP attack, it still was called a nuke when explained but it doesn't make any sense for them to use one?

Still it was a good end for the series, I liked it out of all the fan-service that was thrown at me.

Seitokai Yakuindomo ep 12

Last edited by a moderator:
I still don't understand why anyone would expect people to only do things that "make sense" when they are suddenly in charge of nuclear weapons (well established that the chain of command has gone down as far as low-ranking officials in Government sub-divisions), and are facing a world that is being over-run by zombies, terrified that their country is going to be left unprotected if any other country manages to come out of the crisis relatively unscathed.

Scratch what I ever said about Hetalia, because i've totally fallen for it. Just watched episode 26 of World Series, and... yeah. I'm already eager for the next one.

Also been catching up with Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episode 181 done and dusted~

Amagami SS episodes 8 - 12 - I'm more happier watching Amagami when one of the girls arc finishes.

The Director at the last episode spoke very good English for an anime and it was a decent arc.

One Piece episodes 1-3 - My long journey begins...

Rose of Versailles ep1

This historical epic about a French noblewoman raised to be a man is one of two simultaneous-watching projects going on at another board I belong to and, based on the rapturous reception it seems to be getting, I thought it only fair to give it a go.

I really wanted to like this series, but in all honesty, I was a bit underwhelmed by it. There's plenty of action and the melodrama seems solid enough, but the show somehow failed to grip me as much as I thought it would. I think I'd rather expected Oscar's gender to be a secret, but the fact that everyone seems to be well aware that the skilled young swordsman is actually a girl rather threw me. Her having a hidden identity wouldn't have been particularly original, but I feel it might have been more dramatic.

Normally, I'd be disinclined to drop a series after one episode, but the real clincher for me here is that I also know how it ends. The finale was inadvertantly spoiled for me some years ago. Without the need to know what happens next, I just don't feel inclined to continue with it.

Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episodes 86-91 (bummed to hear that when I reach the end of this Future Arc the anime will be over...)

Code Geass Episodes 14-25 (see the "rate out of 10" thread for my thoughts... if you care, which you probably don't, but hey...)

Jayme said:
ilmaestro said:
Yes, and now it's finished. Hence it is done and dusted.
I got confused with the episode 181 thing, then. Are there plans to start up again?
I don't think so atm, no. They haven't/won't reach the current manga arc, so the content will be there if they want to bring it back, and I guess it could just be that they need to go on hiatus rather than produce some mindless filler.

Back