Your viewing journal

Amagami ep 13 - OK, I guess I can kind of see why Nanasaki is so popular. Solid start to the arc, if a little bit "standard" after the more playful tone of Sae's arc. Better ED, though. ^^;

Maid-sama ep 26 - Finished. ;_; Was a very satisfying last episode.

Seitokai Yakuindomo episode 13 - A below average series for me, its seems to have this structure of Topic - Discuss topic - Topic Answer - Sexual innuendo which just bored me as the episodes went by. Plus the OP is awful imo.

Giant Killing episode 26 - On the other hand this was a pleasure to watch, it had everything I loved about football, great Football themes and chants, thrilling matches that made me cheer for goals scored by ETU and loved how the team devloped into an awesome squad. The final episode was a nice way to end the series and I pray for a second season.

Kaichou wa Maid Sama 26 - Curse you ilmaestro, but yeah it was a very nice ending.

Edit: Nyan Koi! episode 1-7 - Its your typical Rom-Com Harem anime, i'll leave it at that.

Orgun, would love to hear a little more of your opinion on the new Eva movies if you don't mind.

Reevothemusefan said:
Kaichou wa Maid Sama 26 - Curse you ilmaestro, but yeah it was a very nice ending.
:D Glad you liked it in the end. ^^;

Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne: Episode 1. (Yes, I'm late to the party).

After such a hoo-ha about this I really... can't... see... why. Maybe this was a welcoming 'lite' episode, but I've seen more extreme content in an episode of Dragonball.

Interesting, though.

Max Takeshi said:
Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne: Episode 1... but I've seen more extreme content in an episode of Dragonball.
Oooo... kay? Maybe I'm not remembering them in individual episodes so well since it's well over two years since I saw it, but if that really was the case I'll just say "wait for the next episode".

ilmaestro said:
Orgun, would love to hear a little more of your opinion on the new Eva movies if you don't mind.

So far I think the re-imaging of Evangelion in the Rebuild movies has been very interesting. It is a complete re-imaging and not just a rehash of the TV series.

While maintaining some elements of the TV series 2.22 really begins to deviate away with a host of of new characters and plot lines. It has great characterisation and a brilliant balance of light hearted-ness and serious drama and the animation is at times breath taking and brings the world of Evangelion to life like never before.

I thought 2.22 was a fantastic film and I was entralled from start to finish and can't for 3.0 to come out.

I'm pleased to hear you're enjoying it, 2.22 in particular has very quickly established itself as one of my absolute favorite movies. Was interested to see the thoughts of a classic mecha fan. :)

ilmaestro said:
I'm pleased to hear you're enjoying it, 2.22 in particular has very quickly established itself as one of my absolute favorite movies. Was interested to see the thoughts of a classic mecha fan. :)

I agree, I was surprised at just how good 2.22 was, and if 3.0 and 4.0 maintain this standard of filmography then the Rebuild of Evangelion series could become one of my favourite mecha film series.

Also yesterday:

Linebarrels of Iron - Episodes 1 & 2

Over the last few days: Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Episodes 92-100.

Mobile Fighter G Gundam Episodes 1-12. Yeah... I knew there was a reason I left this series until last... It's bad alright, yet by episode five I've started to enjoy how over-the-top and bad it is. That should help me get through the rest of the series...

ColdCobra said:
Mobile Fighter G Gundam Episodes 1-12. Yeah... I knew there was a reason I left this series until last... It's bad alright, yet by episode five I've started to enjoy how over-the-top and bad it is. That should help me get through the rest of the series...

G Gundam is a very good and massively under-rated series, I agree that it starts off in a cheesy and repetitive fashion but the story and it's sub plots is one of the better in the Gundam universe, get it a chance and you'll enjoy it.

I'm watching stuff right now (Ippo, Galactic Heroes, One Piece) but more importantly, I just watched Durarara 12.5. I love that world, them characters and the twisty-turny narrative of it all so much. Quality special.

One Piece is indeed turning into Gurren Lagann as well.

Totally agree about DRRR!! 12.5, Jayme.

That episode would be so totally standard in 99% of shows, but doing it in the DRRR!! way with those characters just instantly elevates it.

Back