Your viewing journal

Panty and Stocking.

Yeah.

GIR being there annoyed the crap out of me. So did the crap itself. It's bad, somewhat intentionally so, and I'll keep watching. Powerpuff Girls is funnier though.

CN get a way with quite a lot, tbh. I didn't mind the fan-service-y thing. This is GAINAX, they needed to put something like that in there somewhere.

The first half was, quite literally, a load of ****. As expected, I have absolutely no idea what to make of that. T'was quite entertaining in a "what the hell am I watching" kind of way.

EL-Hazard:The Wanderers eps 1-10,a real blast from the past i forgot how good this show was,not as good as the ova but a damn fine classic all the same.

Stuart-says-yes said:
bawww, I watched code geass episode 12-14, so sad poor shirley and lelouch, I hope shirley isn't forgotten about after being geass'd

She isn't, but you might wish she had been by the time you get to R2 =(

Last edited by a moderator:
Panty and Stocking Episode 1 - From the look of the trailer and description of this, I knew I had to go into the series by not taking it seriously.

Merging Insanely disgusting american TV cartoons like Invander Zim and mixing it with Traditional crazy Japanese anime is what a lot of people (including me) are getting from it.

Its rude, mad and stupid however thats the charm of it, its gave me a good few laughs like the Ghost speeding train which uses his velocity to send citizens flying.

I will be checking out this series defo.

To Love Ru OVA Episodes 1-2 - I think I said "Why?" around 40 times. I just thought since I did watched the 1st season, i'd get read to check out the second when it air's and i know that there is a 95% chance its just going to be the same thing.

Stuart-says-yes said:
code geass ep 14 - 21, oh dear oh dear, good job using your geass lelouch, all those poor japs

also code geass 22-25 mother flipping cliffhangers, curses and its another 29 days to the expo too( I assume I'll be able to get R2 cheaper than it is online)
R2 is very confusing at first, trust me :)

memorium said:
Stuart-says-yes said:
code geass ep 14 - 21, oh dear oh dear, good job using your geass lelouch, all those poor japs

also code geass 22-25 mother flipping cliffhangers, curses and its another 29 days to the expo too( I assume I'll be able to get R2 cheaper than it is online)
R2 is very confusing at first, trust me :)

It's worth it for the ending though!

Over the last few days I've continued my first watch of Mobile Fighter G Gundam, with Episodes 13-25. Well, it's still cheesy as hell and has way too much use of the word "Finger", but I will admit the big confrontation between Master Asia and Domon was enjoyably dramatic.

ef~, all of it.
That was not a good idea, gloomy end.
I see why it's unlicensed, but it's a bloody shame it isn't and likely won't be at this rate; 3 years is a long, long time for something to get picked up.
It's realy odd not to cut the H-scenes out totaly from the TV version. Also actual loli releationship, 27/8 year old with 14-15 year old.

Originally, I was going to do the honourable thing and wait for the free stream on crunchyroll, but my curiosity got the better of me:

Panty and Stocking ep1

I'm still not quite sure what to make of that. The first half didn't really do anything for me, aside from making me wish Samurai Jack was still on. The second half, on the other hand, was much more entertaining and actually quite funny. I really liked their use of a model for the train explosion at the end.

So yeah, I wasn't blown away by the show, but I was amused enough to stick with it.

I'll probably have a look at the Iron Manime later on, but I've heard it's only so-so.

MM! episode 1 - Its one of those anime's most people will hate just as it hit's the 1 minute mark.

Main characters are unlikeable for the most part (even if Tarou suffers from sexual masochism) and the support cast is mostly poor for the most part. Also consitent punishment from Mio's tsundere personality is not funny at all.

I would drop this but i'm a sucker for watching shows until the end but its most likely going to follow the anime routine of 'small character devolopment, same situations'

Eye Ron Man episode 1 - A boring start to Iron Man to be honest, much of it was talk about Tony's retirement and how he can be liked by the Japanese people and with a predictable bad guy and a random end, There is not much to keep me excited for the rest of the series.

One Piece episode 6 - ShuShu :cry:

Back