Your viewing journal

I remember chortling whilst watching a certain scene from a Carry On film. If my recollections serve me well, its appeal revolved around the malfunctioning of a church organ. It is worth noting that I was twelve at the time.

NuraMago ep 14 - Bit of a slow ep considering they were coming off a clip show week. End was pretty cool, though. Can't decide if I like the new OP, definitely preferred the first ED.

Motto ToLOVE-ru ep 1 - Gnnn, don't really love the character designs here. Especially Haruna. Massive censoring, too. It's not so much a case of "must see what's behind the beams of light/dark" more that they might as well just do the fanservice in such a way that doesn't need them, and then the show wouldn't look as retarded. Yami is as awesome as ever, though, which about saves it so far.

Oreimo ep 1 - Yes. Oh yes. My apologies to all other anime out there, but since they got this adaptation pretty much spot on, the rest of you now seem to fall a little short. If I had one tiny issue, it would be with the way Satou Satomi is playing Manami, but I'm quibbling. My smile now:

^________________________^

Star Driver episode 1 - That was sooooo fabulous (I see what Maxon meant now), it was a good start, everything was so fast paced and unexpected and a joy to watch. Its like listening to a Dananananakroyd - Infinity Milk while your high.

Shinryaku! Ika Musume episiode 1
Otome Youkai Zakuro episode 1
Oreimo episode 1

All three of them were really good but I enjoyed Ika Musume and Oreimo the most as they both had me really laughing.

Well, I went into A Certain Scientific Railgun expecting to hate it. And yeah, I really, really did.

It's a nice looking series - there's obviously been some money spent on it - but the plot completely failed to grab me and the fan service scenes made me truly uncomfortable. If I were to recount my inner monologue at the time, it would probably be something along the lines of, "Oh, she's a lesbian. Well, they could use that to make an interesting narrati... oh.
emotughh.gif
"

In fairness, I wouldn't have chosen to watch it had it not been part of the anime society's viewing schedule, but tonight's screening of episode 2 & 3 was enough to make me realise I'll be getting the early train home for the next few weeks.

If you genuinely expected to hate it before it even started then I wouldn't particularly bother, but if it's any help the fan service largely never again reaches the levels of the first couple of eps, and the "proper" plot starts to come together a lot better as they move on and tie together some of the smaller things that happen in the early episodes.

Saying that 'I expected to hate it', is probably a bit strong, it's more just that I did not expect to like it. I'll give it another go next week. If nothing else, I don't want it to look like I'm storming out just because Railgun got voted in and the show I suggested didn't.

:D The truth finally revealed! ;)

--

Kami nomi zo shiru Sekai/The World God Only Knows ep 1 - The setup is definitely the most amusing thing so far, will be interesting to see how far it can go with a "girl of the week" (or possibly multiple weeks) format before it gets a bit stale, but there are definitely plenty of opportunities for comedy and clever commentary before we reach that point.

Whilst I agree that the syntax is definitely clearer in your translation, stu, I like the official title because it retains the "God Only Knows" phrasing.

Based on what I managed to see of episode 1 before finding the file was corrupted, The World God Only Knows delivers a spot on adaptation of the manga. The animation is nicely handled and Hiro Shimono seems well cast as Keima.

The World God Only Knows episode 1

Oh dear. It started so well then suddenly turned into sludgy, mawkish drama. Far too shallow to take seriously and far too sentimental for me to enjoy as a comedy.

I watched the first half of Shigofumi. During the first episode I got a bit of a Hell Girl feel from it but after a few episodes it loses the "monster of the week" feel. So far the characters are interesting and I am enjoying finding out their back stories and I am looking forward to getting some answers to the questions raised.

Back