Your viewing journal

The Skull Man 1-4

In typical Bones fashion absolutely nothing is explained about anything in the early part of the series. There's a guy in skull mask who's going around killing people, some werewolf type creatures, and a bunch of characters whose purpose is being kept deliberately vague.

But unlike some other Bones shows where nothing is explained about anything (such as Eureka 7 and Darker Than Black), Skull Man is completely devoid of any spark. This must have been one of Bones' lower priority titles as the designs are bland, the colour flat, and the animation well below what you'd expect. The soundtrack is so nondescript that there may as well not be one. Worst of all there are no compelling characters--except the enigmatic Skull Man himself, about whom the writers don't want the viewer to know anything--and the pacing is uneven. A good mystery should make the viewer eager to uncover it, but I just don't care.

Probably dropping/ebaying.

Black Lagoon ep 17 & 18 - Fantastic action-based episodes. Some comedy gold moments like Revy shooting Lotton the Wizard during his entrance speech, but the action was really what kept the adrenaline running high throughout the end of this arc. Sawyer was totally fantastic, definitely need more of her, and I really, really hope Shen Hua doesn't die, either.

From something that fabricatedlunatic mentioned before, I gather than the last six eps are one whole arc? Best to save it until I have time to watch them all in one go, or 3+3, or what?

Full Metal Panic ep 19-21 - 19 was ace, bath scene, origin story, Sousuke being awesome. Great ep. When Melissa walks in to speak to Sousuke while he's sitting on his bunk and he just gives her the mofo-ing look that shows her just how much of a badass he is... great stuff. 20 was fairly interesting, Gauron is always good, Char custom mobile suits are always good. Plus the feeling that the series is actually "going somewhere" by finally coming back to the Whispered stuff. 21, I guess I like the idea, but the pace of its execution was a little rushed. I think you have to take "Gauron is incredibly charismatic" for granted, but still it was a little off, even if they did have Danigan come across as a bit "iffy" in the previous ep. I also have a little bit of trouble feeling too much sympathy for Kaname, for a couple of reasons, so those parts of the ep weren't great for me. All three eps add to the potential for shipping Tessa/Kaname, though, which is a bonus.

Giant Killing episode 24 - I can't wait on how the match will finish, its so thrilling to watch!

K-ON!! episodes 21 - 23 - I've had very mixed feelings towards the series as some of you might know, I might show my thoughts when I rate it after the proper last episode.

Arakawa Under the Bridge episodes 5 - 6 - I really like it so far, I can't get the OP out of my head.

Kaichou no Maid Sama episode 24

FMA: Brotherhood 1-13

Well, what can I say. I was sceptical from the moment I first heard about this but I stand corrected. I'm just as hooked on this as I was the first series. The changes so far have been minimal, but it's moving at a much faster pace; this is fine since I've seen the slower paced original, but I certainly wouldn't say it was superior in any way as I like my steady development. Currently I can see it being an excellent addition to the FMA universe, but people still really need to see the earlier series as well, this shouldn't be thought of as a replacement.

Back