Your viewing journal

I've been worrying about it for the past few weeks but Fullmetal Alchemist seems to be back on form for Episode 50. One of my main fears is that the plot is slowing down because its so damn close to the manga but this episode was consistently exciting and fast-paced. It also featured, afaik, a new bgm track - which is awesome.

Oh and seeing Maria and Havoc again is always a plus.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaper gI said:
Watched through the second season of Darker than Black.
did they alternative universe seaon 1?
Damn that plot is too dense.

It continues from the first season of DtB and that universe. The problem is, there is a lot left out. I'd recommend going and watching the DtB Gaiden episodes now. Only 2 of 4 have been released so far, but they bridge the two year gap between seasons one and two. To be honest, they should have aired these four episodes first, everything in Season 2 would make much more sense if they did, but there we go.

Watching a fair bit tonight actually.

Zeta Gundam 17-18 - Things are starting to move along quite nicely now. I have to say, i enjoy the characters interactions throughout these past few episodes. Seeing old friends and enemies meet face to face do create some interesting conversations. Kamille i still don't mind, even if he does come off as a stuck up brat.

Gundam Wing 1 - Since Crunchyroll has started its airing of it, i thought i'd venture in the AC universe again. Been years, but it'll be good to see again.

Was planning to watch Bakemonogatari 2 as well earlier, but my PC needs more ram to play the BD rip(1080p). Kinda annoying, but at least i can get a few more eps so that i have a few to watch back-to-back.

Ended up rewatching Golgo 13: The Professional. It's certainly not the best of Golgo's escapades, but it's not the utter trainwreck I remembered it being either. Some of the fight scenes are actually quite nicely done - particularly in the finale where Duke fights his way up Dawson's tower.

mangaman74 said:
Genshiken Second Season Episodes 9 - 12

Very good series.

Have you read the manga for Genshiken Mangaman? If not i do recommend it to you, very strong series i will say.

Right, in the last few days since getting my computer properly able to play Blu-Ray rips, i've watched Bakemonogatari 2-4 and i'm thoroughly enjoying it at the moment. If anything, the animation is probably some of the best i've seen in recent years, along with Macross Frontier and Moribito. The story so far is good too, working on myth and legends, gods and so on. I am enjoying the ever building relationship between Senjougahara and Araragi as well, they just work well together.

Please Save My Earth: 1-6

A very good three hour trailer for the manga. If it hadn't ended incomplete, it'd be a possible top ten contender, going on what was shown in the OVA.

I thought it was going to have some young boyxolder girl fantasizing, and the boyxboy bit worried me slightly at first, but the former was executed very well and the latter was quite funny. Seeing Issei act like a feminine woman (because, originally, he was a woman) in a man's body prevented me from being disturbed.

I also had a go at watching Jungle King Leo... only for my DVD to turn out to be corrupted; not playing beyond the one hour mark on any player. But, as luck would have it, it was a bif naff anyway, and I think Wherehouse have already refunded me for it!

Arbalest said:
mangaman74 said:
Genshiken Second Season Episodes 9 - 12

Very good series.

Have you read the manga for Genshiken Mangaman? If not i do recommend it to you, very strong series i will say.

Right, in the last few days since getting my computer properly able to play Blu-Ray rips, i've watched Bakemonogatari 2-4 and i'm thoroughly enjoying it at the moment. If anything, the animation is probably some of the best i've seen in recent years, along with Macross Frontier and Moribito. The story so far is good too, working on myth and legends, gods and so on. I am enjoying the ever building relationship between Senjougahara and Araragi as well, they just work well together.

I have read the manga and like you say, it is a very strong series. I do need to get the Genshiken Official Book though.

Welcome to the NHK 1-4

So far it's been almost identical to the manga, which is a very good thing because the start of the manga is most excellent.

Witchblade 1-4

I haven't seen so many enormous tits since the last time I watched Prime Minister's Questions. Gigantic knockers aside, the most notable thing about Witchblade is the touching mother/daughter relationship between Masane and the ridiculously cute Rihoko. It's not the kind of thing I'm used to seeing in anime. I can't say the same for the boobage, though Witchblade's are somewhat larger than usual.

even though i didn't watch this today, i watched Kaichrou wa Maid-Sama yesterday, the anime itself isn't that old, hell last time i checked first episode aired on 1st of April

overall it looks promising

where to begin? had a packed week for anime watching, at least for my pace;

well, to kick off, I just watched "Tales from Earthsea" on FILM4+1 subbed, which was super.

new season has begun! and so has my watching of it!

thanks to Crunchyroll, I watched the first eps of both Heroman and Ichiban Ushiro, both of which were good and show promise.

elsewhere I also watched episode 1 of Angel Beats!, re-watched all of season 1 of Haruhi and started watching Simoun

to wrap it all up I also finished Baka to Test to Shoukanjou and watched episode 10 of Fate Stay/Night

Back