Your viewing journal

Lady Georgie episodes 12-15: we got from Georgie at 5 to 15, watching her adapt to sleeping alone in her own room, being the prize (sort of) in a fight between her brother and a schoolmate, battling those evil Tasmanian tigers on the farm outside Sydney, and meeting a snooty posh girl who falls instantly in love with her brother when he rescues her from her runaway horse.

The Quintessential Quintuplets Movie
From what I remember it follows the manga pretty closely. Especially the pivotal moment of the school festival and confession, but I think that's to its detriment. We see the start of the festival and then we see it all, but from each different perspective of the quints in turn. I think this works OK in the manga as each perspective gets a chapter each, but I think they could have done a complete timeline of the festival.
Watching this again tonight having just finished re-watching the two seasons (yeah, still love it and Futaro is bloody hilarious - his Japanese VA is the star of the show for me). Having not read the manga, I quite liked what they did with the different perspectives (mainly down to making you think they were going to cop out and show different VN routes before picking a canon one, leaving me very pleasantly surprised that they were in fact different perspectives of the same day). But yes, of my criticisms of QQ the main one would be how they evidently rushed through a lot in the second season and then the movie - they could have easily had a third season with the movie to finish on. The dad thrown in as a caricature villain was ridiculous as well and, one could argue, was a loose end better left untied (unless you have Mari Okada writing some proper family melodrama for that heh). I assume it was a case like Horimiya where the team didn't want to risk leaving the anime story unfinished. I will be moving on to the manga next to flesh out the rushed bits.

Metallic Rouge

I enjoyed this but expectations were high with it being Bones' 25th anniversary special and all. What a great start with a banging op and ed
Great characters, animation and action. I couldn't help lose some interest nearer the end, as reviewers have complained I think... I thought the story was interesting enough but maybe just dragged on eventually without sufficient character development for one to care and lacking a tidy closure perhaps. I thought maybe 12 episodes was too short for world building with the number of characters but you just have to look at the excellent Planet With and either of the ssss gridman or dynazenon to know that's not impossible. Great soundtrack though

Black Butler: Public School Arc episode 6 Cricket.

Detective Conan episode 1124 Miraculous rescue.

Jellyfish Can’t Swim in the Night episode 7 Synthetic.

Kaiju No. 8 episode 6 Organs.

My Hero Academia 7th Season episode 141 Reluctance.

Ooi! Tonbo episode 7 Focused on fun.

Studio Apartment, Good Lighting, Angel Included episode 8 Nibble.

The Fable episode 7 Long talk.

Tonari no Youkai-San episode 7 Photograph.

Whisper Me a Love Song episode 6 Embrace.

Yatagarasu: The Raven Does not Choose its Master episode 7 Keeping secret.

Polar Bear Cafe episodes 9-28

Last Tuesday:
Shangri-la Frontier (Japanese audio) - Episodes 21-23

Yesterday:
Shangri-la Frontier (Japanese audio) - Episodes 24-25 (Completed)

This is a really enjoyable fantasy video game series (not an isekai, same style as Full Dive). Season 2 is confirmed and I'm looking forward to it. Kodansha released the manga so I might get the volumes.

Shangri-La Frontier - Emul 1.gif

As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World Episode 7

Blue Archive The Animation Episode 7

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc Episode 2

Mission: Yozakura Family Episode 7

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3 Episode 31

Blue Archive The Animation episode 7 Missing cake.

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Hashira Training Arc episode 2 Gutted.

Go! Go! Loser Ranger! episode 6 In the mist.

Grandpa and Grandma Turn Young Again episode 7 Save face.

Mission: Yozakura Family episode 7 Emotional appeal.

One Piece episode 1105 True nature.

Sound! Euphonium 3 episode 7 Old faces.

The Duke of Death and His Maid Season 3 episode 31 Snapshots.

Polar Bear Cafe episodes 29-43

KonoSuba! God's Blessing on this Wonderful World! (Season 3) (Japanese) - Episode 5 - 6

Bartender: Glass of God (Japanese) - Episode 6 - 7

A Condition Called Love (Japanese) - Episode 6 - 7

Astro Note (Japanese) - Episode 6 - 7

The Banished Former Hero Lives as He Pleases Episode 6

Chillin' in Another World with Level 2 Super Cheat Powers Episodes 5-6

Unnamed Memory Episodes 6-7

Bartender: Glass of God Episode 6

An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride Episode 8

A Condition Called Love Episode 7

As a Reincarnated Aristocrat, I'll Use My Appraisal Skill to Rise in the World Episode 6

The Fable ep7

Delicious in Dungeon ep20

Kaiju No. 8 ep6

Konosuba 3 ep6

Not the biggest fan of that arc on the whole, but it was good enough. In this time when such folk are under intense scrutiny though, I think all credit is due to the people working on the translation for Konosuba. The show’s caustic one-liners are always a highlight for me and I‘m sure trying to replicate that kind of comedy in English can’t be an easy job.

Amanchu! Complete

Picked this up second hand but sealed cheap as a palate cleanser from all the Gundam. What a wonderful show, just lovely low stakes chill. Surprisingly less diving than I would have expected though.

I saw online that there is a second series called Amanchu Advance but there seems to only be DVDs available on eBay from Malaysia. Anyone know if these will be bootleg or legit releases?

Amanchu! Complete

Picked this up second hand but sealed cheap as a palate cleanser from all the Gundam. What a wonderful show, just lovely low stakes chill. Surprisingly less diving than I would have expected though.

I saw online that there is a second series called Amanchu Advance but there seems to only be DVDs available on eBay from Malaysia. Anyone know if these will be bootleg or legit releases?

The only legit way was to watch it via Crunchyroll but it got removed not to long ago though a user on here (I forgot who, I apologise) mentioned it was still accessible via Crunchyroll if using it through Amazon Prime.

I am yet to check so I am unsure if it is still available to watch that way but that's your best bet if you want to access it legally.

Considering it was removed I would assume Crunchyroll don't own the license anymore, maybe it's something Discotek will pick up down the road.

I'm pretty sure other users on here have asked AL about licensing the second season as well but I couldn't tell you AL's response to that, maybe someone else has a better answer regarding that.

I hope it does get picked up legally again though as I'd still like to watch it (and own it if possible) as I enjoyed the first season a lot as well.

If you haven't seen it, I'd recommend checking out Aria as well as it's from the same creator.

MVM have released The Animation, The Natural and The Origination on blu-ray.

EDIT: The Malaysian release is likely bootleg I'd assume.

The only legit way was to watch it via Crunchyroll but it got removed not to long ago though a user on here (I forgot who, I apologise) mentioned it was still accessible via Crunchyroll if using it through Amazon Prime.
Yeah I did notice the links to Amazon crunchy roll but not normal one. I think I might have to sign up for a free trial on there just to get it watched.

I would love for Advance to get an official BD release though, but maybe the sails of the first series were not high enough. I did notice it was in the last sale, I almost got it then but decided not to at the last minute.

I’ll checkout Aria, I’m a little gutted I didn’t pick up series 3 in the sale the other week now.

Back