Your viewing journal

Black Lagoon, episodes 5 - 12.

Really good! Was nice to watch a series with a decent bit of action in; a change from the overwhelming amount of 'slower' series I've watched recently. (Though I have just remembered I only finished Bubblegum Crisis a couple of weeks ago. My memory fails me once again!)

School Rumble Extra Class and 2nd term Episodes 1-4 watched. More of the same from the 1st series so can't complain. XD

Basilisk 1-4. Was almost tempted to put this down after the first two episodes but glad I decided to soldier on with another two. Guess you need to get more into the story before you can appreciate it. Not sure what I think yet though.

Sword of the stranger - 9/10

Sword of the stranger is a great movie that happens to be animated.
The traditional style animation really adds to the experience as the action is really fluid there.

According to Bones' Minami-san, the movie costed around 5 000 000 000 yen (around 33 Million pounds now) and it took 4 years to complete.

All this money and work shows. I hope they manage to do really welll with this movie, as it could provide them with the monies for more great stuff ahead =)

Been working through a couple things as of late:

Shinkon Gattai Godannar 1-5 - Quite enjoyable. Nothing superbly amazing but still enjoyable. The opening is too catchy though, it has to be said. At the moment too the series does feel somewhat like your general "monster of the week" show, but i can see that possibly changing as we go. Still, shall look forward to how it continues.

One Piece ~340 - Can't remember where i last said i finished off, but up to 340 now, and starting to get into thriller bark fully now. My only problem is whomever it is that does this now has the worst video quality ever =/

Fairy Tail 1-2 - Having been a fan of the manga, i was obviously going to touch on this. Its nice, works reasonably well with the cast and such, however the main problem i'm having is Erza. Now i don't mind how everyone else looks, but Erza looks horrid compared to her manga counterpart, and i'm sure any who have seen this could and probably would agree. The general soundtrack works well, a bit of a celtic theme in the mix works quite well.

Real Bout High. A mix of Ikki Tousen, Tenjho Tenge and fighting monsters from another dimension without the fan service. Not a bad show but nothing special.

Ghost Hound Collection 1. Super natural head mess up, with a superb opening music track. Quite a hard show to get your head around, but not too difficult to understand. I can't quite see where the story is heading at the moment, although I am really looking forward to more of this.

Sola. I enjoyed this far more than I expected to. Quite a tidy story told that actually has a conclusion. It has predictable moments but also it has some nice twists I did not see coming. If you like things like Air this should be an enjoyable watch for you to.

Rewatched Ghost in the Shell 2.0 upon receiving the Blu-ray.

Didn't really improve my opinion of it, I still feel it's such a shame they didn't just update the CGI and be done with it. I would even have stood for the change in colour scheme from green to orange if they'd left the cel animation alone. Oh well. It's still good to see some parts in (very good quality) HD, and it's nice to finally see an English version with Kenji Kawai's 'Reincarnation' (possibly one of my favourite pieces of music, ever) included:

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZ7IA78Cr-I&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/vZ7IA78Cr-I&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

An additional word of warning about the 'Original Version' included on the BD; It's a travesty. As bad as, if not slightly worse than the DVD. It certainly isn't in any kind of high definition. I do hope we get the original on BD at some point, but with this 'Original Version' being included here I'm not optimistic.

From what I remember, the BD release of the original wasn't much cop anyway, so maybe have to wait for a 20th anniversary 3240p release on UHDBD (Uber High Definition Blu-ray). ^_^

Holland is a massive twat for most of the series, but he does redeem himself somewhat towards the end. The only main character I really liked, when she stopped being a bitch, was Talho.

Haven't posted here much lately, not many interesting topics worth making me sign in, oh well.

Anyway, finishing off Gundam WING right now, after they escaped from space I lost interest, the show is just ****, there's no better way to describe it, the first Gundam series I've honestly disliked. I'm not even paying full attention to it anymore and I still know what's happening. The amount of times Heero has said he's going to kill someone and never carries it out is extremely retarded, it's like Code Geass: The superior prototype.

Back