Your viewing journal

Moved back to some of my older backlog series.
At present working through Hayate no Gotoku again, watching 11-15, and about to watch 16-17. This blame falls on Ilmaestro again, much like Railgun...but i won't complain.
Working through Godannar as i can, as well as finally properly finishing Kurenai off. I still have yet to figure out why i stopped at the final episode of the series yet, however i would recommend it to anyone really, its one of those series which is easily missed, and shouldn't be.

Code Geass 1-3

Either the PS3 has performed some upscaling wizardry, or this is one of the best looking DVD transfers I've seen. It's just lovely. And I think it might be a film > PAL coversion, though I'll need someone else to verfiy this. While watching I noticed how smooth movement and pan shots were. I used freeze frame to check for blended frames and didn't find any.

The show itself? I'm struggling to get into anime at the moment, but it's okay. The shower scene in episode 3 was the obvious highlight. Some other stuff happened as well.

Completed School Rumble Second semester yesterday.

For the number of times it made me ROFLMAO, I must rate it a 9 out of 10.

For unknown reasons, the lead female is never developed (maybe because she is that dumb and that's all there is to her), so she is the least likeable character.
Yakumo and Eri are way better characters than Tenma, for the reasons above. Also, because they are always involved in the most hilarious scenes of the show.

I would have liked Akira to be more developed as well, her double life snippets were actually interesting enough for me to want to see her juggling that with school life. Maybe get her kid boss on the same school for an episode?

All in all, a great show that I feel like is should move to my top ten list.

Last edited by a moderator:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Code Geass 1-3

Either the PS3 has performed some upscaling wizardry, or this is one of the best looking DVD transfers I've seen. It's just lovely. And I think it might be a film > PAL coversion, though I'll need someone else to verfiy this. While watching I noticed how smooth movement and pan shots were. I used freeze frame to check for blended frames and didn't find any.

The show itself? I'm struggling to get into anime at the moment, but it's okay. The shower scene in episode 3 was the obvious highlight. Some other stuff happened as well.

Remember when I was trying to tell everyone how Code Geass looks close to flawless on DVD? Yeah.

As for me, I'm watching the Black Jack OVA atm. It's kind of like Mushishi, without the Mushi. 9/10 rating after 5/10 episodes.

Watched Halo Legends: Babysitter earlier on and i did enjoy it i will say. It didn't portray the tension between the ODST and spartans as much as i thought it might, but it did a decent job with what it had at least, so i won't complain.

Aion said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
Code Geass 1-3

Remember when I was trying to tell everyone how Code Geass looks close to flawless on DVD? Yeah.

As for me, I'm watching the Black Jack OVA atm. It's kind of like Mushishi, without the Mushi. 9/10 rating after 5/10 episodes.
I'm watching Code Geass right now nad it looks really good, even on my standard DVD player.

Also, CG so far have been so amazing. I finally got to see why people say that Death Note and CG good together.

Neon Genesis Evangelion 11-26

That was interesting to say nothing else, definitely glad I watched it.
Although I'm still trying to digest what happened in the last 2 episodes. And trying to work out what the hell happened.

Jiindama said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion 11-26

That was interesting to say nothing else, definitely glad I watched it.
Although I'm still trying to digest what happened in the last 2 episodes. And trying to work out what the hell happened.
That's where EoE comes into play. Proceed with caution; it's quite a shock.

I myself have just watched this. I would recommend it to anyone with three minutes to spare.

Back